U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 11:32 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,573 times

Advertisements

well, smart growth or not - I live on that side of town & am so excited about that shopping center going up I can't put it into words. There is nothing worse than having to trek across town to visit the damn Wal-Mart. I'll certainly shop at Wal-Mart more because of this new store...just like I spend too much money at Lowe's over there already.

I'd only be happier if they would pop up a new Super Target. Why does our Target have to be so damn small. Urgh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 12:10 PM

286 posts, read 552,840 times
Our Target is also in desperate need of a remodel. The fact that they haven't makes me wonder if there are plans to build a Super Target.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,003,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Our Target is also in desperate need of a remodel. The fact that they haven't makes me wonder if there are plans to build a Super Target.
I hope so. Wilson's Target that was build a few years ago would be a perfect fit for Greenville. My immediate thought would be the large area of land on Firetower Rd. where the Firetower is. I'm sure that would be a tricky place to put one though.

On a totally unrelated note...and this is speculation...but I was in the store yesterday called Five Below in Raleigh over by Triangle Town Center. I overheard a conversation between an employee (he had on an employee t-shirt) and a customer talking about different locations. The employee told the customer that there were plans for a store to open in Greenville, NC this fall. That was the first time that I've heard about any plans. Wilson has one and it's a neat store to go in.

Five Below is basically a suped-up Dollar Tree, only all the items are $5 or less. According to the website, there is nothing official, but I think it's a good place to open in Greenville.

http://www.fivebelow.com/

Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 PM

68 posts, read 101,607 times
Which wich is coming mid July

Old 05-16-2013, 08:15 PM

181 posts, read 214,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPirate7 View Post
Which wich is coming mid July
Where are they setting up?

Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 PM

208 posts, read 325,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
Where are they setting up?
In one of the sections at the new building beside Ruby Tuesday.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:28 AM

On my way home last night I say a large lit DOT sign reading on S. Memorial that "Davenport Rd is going to be closed starting May 20th." Any ideas how long this is going to continue. I know the intersection could use some work. The whole concept seems busted to me. It's just awkward, especially if you're going to or coming from the east side of Memorial. Are they doing anything beyond opening up right turn lane on the west side of the intersection of Memorial and Davenport? I saw that they had staked off some area that made it look like that's what they're doing but I wasn't sure if that was the extent of it or if they're planning anything else.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:02 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,042,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
On my way home last night I say a large lit DOT sign reading on S. Memorial that "Davenport Rd is going to be closed starting May 20th." Any ideas how long this is going to continue. I know the intersection could use some work. The whole concept seems busted to me. It's just awkward, especially if you're going to or coming from the east side of Memorial. Are they doing anything beyond opening up right turn lane on the west side of the intersection of Memorial and Davenport? I saw that they had staked off some area that made it look like that's what they're doing but I wasn't sure if that was the extent of it or if they're planning anything else.
That whole road thing is a mess there. They just closed the left hand turn out of Pitt CC. onto Reedy Branch. You can only make right turns there now. With them closing Davenport Farm for an unknown time, it's going to make getting to the west side of Memorial harder. You either have to go north on Memorial and make a left onto Tice Rd and then a left onto Reedy Branch, go even further north on Memorial and make a left directly onto Reedy Branch or go south on Memorial and make a right onto Forlines.

The Firetower extension is scheduled to start in 2020 with Right of Way Acquisitions at that time. Actual construction is not currently funded or scheduled. It will begin at Firetower, cross Memorial, cross Davenport Farm, then connect to Forlines at Mayfield Dr. and continue from there to the SW Bypass.

NCDOT: Proposed Extension of Fire Tower Road

Old 05-18-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
That whole road thing is a mess there. They just closed the left hand turn out of Pitt CC. onto Reedy Branch. You can only make right turns there now. With them closing Davenport Farm for an unknown time, it's going to make getting to the west side of Memorial harder. You either have to go north on Memorial and make a left onto Tice Rd and then a left onto Reedy Branch, go even further north on Memorial and make a left directly onto Reedy Branch or go south on Memorial and make a right onto Forlines.

The Firetower extension is scheduled to start in 2020 with Right of Way Acquisitions at that time. Actual construction is not currently funded or scheduled. It will begin at Firetower, cross Memorial, cross Davenport Farm, then connect to Forlines at Mayfield Dr. and continue from there to the SW Bypass.

NCDOT: Proposed Extension of Fire Tower Road
That would be amazing! I can not tell you how happy I would be to see this project come to fruition. I really hope they start getting the funding together and that this doesn't just get put on the back burner.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:45 AM

3,323 posts, read 5,185,093 times
Looks like Uptown Greenville is a fan of this thread and of my creations
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina