U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 12:37 PM

228 posts, read 522,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncthompson11 View Post
has anyone seen that piece of crap the city has put right in front of chicos on the corner of reade and cotanche? That thing is the ugliest piece of **** ive ever seen. Why put something like that in the middle of ECU and downtown? After all of the great strides they have made this is just a huge missed opportunity IMO. This is PIRATE COUNTRY, not Raleigh, Wilmington, or Greensboro. Would we see this kind of crap in the heart of other college towns like Clemson, Auburn, Athens, or Oxford? I highly doubt that. Someone try and get a picture of this complete waste of money flaming head looking thing.
True...should have been a pirate, a pirate flag...not abstract art...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 PM

20 posts, read 47,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningNorm View Post
True...should have been a pirate, a pirate flag...not abstract art...
sounds like sarcasm to me but it should of had something done to represent ECU. Without ECU greenville is just like kinston or goldsboro which is nothing. I think the community does a good job already with embracing ECU and the Pirates but a lot more could be done including this. That thing is hideous.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
sounds like sarcasm to me but it should of had something done to represent ECU. Without ECU greenville is just like kinston or goldsboro which is nothing. I think the community does a good job already with embracing ECU and the Pirates but a lot more could be done including this. That thing is hideous.
No, I was actually being serious. It should be Pirate related. Greenville would not exist if it were not for ECU and the hospital. It would be a derelict, ex tobacco farming wasteland.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:00 PM

20 posts, read 47,679 times
o haha well outside of ECU websites its hard to get that same kind of opinion. Great to hear!

Old 05-18-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
o haha well outside of ECU websites its hard to get that same kind of opinion. Great to hear!
This is the sculpture...yikes...and why red of call colours?!
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-jubransculpture.jpeg  

Old 05-18-2010, 04:52 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,194,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningNorm View Post
I wonder how safe the extended Greenway trail will be. I don't run in those neighborhoods now...
As long as you run it between dusk and dawn, I wouldn't expect any problems. The greenway doesn't go through west Greenville, so that riff raff shouldn't be near.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:04 PM

105 posts, read 145,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
Anyone know what's going in the old Bear Rock location near Michael's? Saw people working on the building yesterday.
I heard that Five Guys Burgers & Fries is going in the old Bear Rock location.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:09 PM

3,288 posts, read 5,443,822 times
That is one of my fav burger places that would be kool if Greenville got one!

Old 05-21-2010, 07:12 PM

151 posts, read 309,129 times
That would be a good location for one too, since it's near the hospital and people could grab a quick lunch or stop and grab something on the way home.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:56 AM

451 posts, read 1,690,035 times
Thanks for the info, although the one I was talking about was the Bear Rock near the intersection of Arlington and Greenville Blvd. But, I could see a Five Guys going in the one by the hospital too.

I bet Cubbies wouldn't like to see Five Guys going so close to them...although I think Cubbies is just as good if not better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina