Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 08:50 AM

150 posts, read 351,868 times

Advertisements

I didn't realize there used to be a Bear Rock over there - you mean where Target is, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 02:12 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boringmember View Post
I didn't realize there used to be a Bear Rock over there - you mean where Target is, right?
Bear Rock used to be over on Greenville and Arlington

Old 05-22-2010, 02:19 PM

I heard a random rumor about Mellow Mushroom coming.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:04 PM

451 posts, read 1,914,091 times
Heard the same thing about Mellow Mushroom. Hope it's true...also heard they were scouting locations over a year ago.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:17 PM

150 posts, read 351,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Bear Rock used to be over on Greenville and Arlington
I could have sworn there was also one near the hospital (where the Food Lion and Debu Cafe are). Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:13 PM

107 posts, read 175,682 times
What's up with the property at Galleria Shopping Center? It has all been re-surveyed and that usually means that the property is being sold, developed or refinanced. I've heard rurmors of a new shopping center or mall coming to Greenville. Anyone else heard anything. Galleria has been sort of stagnant for a while now and Sears is bearly holding on at the present time. You know Sears has closed or soon will at Wilson Mall. Whats the holdup on the new Walmart?

Old 05-22-2010, 07:22 PM

107 posts, read 175,682 times
They're digging up the parking lots and clearing where the Children's Hospital will be located at PCMH. I read somewhere that construction would begin in 2011. Has the construction starting date been moved up?

Old 05-23-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
They're digging up the parking lots and clearing where the Children's Hospital will be located at PCMH. I read somewhere that construction would begin in 2011. Has the construction starting date been moved up?
What I assume you are looking at is the new interfaith chapel for the hospital. The current one is WAY to small for the hospital. And as far as I know, the childrens hospital is still on schedule for 2011. I have a photo of it somewhere. I'll dig it up and post it

Old 05-23-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
What's up with the property at Galleria Shopping Center? It has all been re-surveyed and that usually means that the property is being sold, developed or refinanced. I've heard rurmors of a new shopping center or mall coming to Greenville. Anyone else heard anything. Galleria has been sort of stagnant for a while now and Sears is bearly holding on at the present time. You know Sears has closed or soon will at Wilson Mall. Whats the holdup on the new Walmart?

I remember those rumors a few years ago. The best thing Greenville could do, when it comes to a mall, is raze the current one and start over. It is in a prime spot, but too ghetto. It reminds me of North Hills in Raleigh before it got redeveloped. I do believe Greenville could support an "upper-ish scale" mall. I know of tooo many people who drive to Raleigh to shop. If they would redevelop and cater to middle/upper class, the people will come.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:

I found it. Apologies to the small size. Here are some more facts for it.

*Break ground in 2011
*$42mil expansion
*Kids Immunosuppressed Special Unit (KISSU) is the main item PCMH wants
*Ronald McDonald suite for families. Not sure if this is a hotel, like at WakeMed, but I assume it is.

Also, don't forget about the Family Medicine Center with is currently being built.

Does anyone know if anything is going on Moye Blvd, somewhat across the street from the Ronald McDonald house? There used to be a building there, but they razed it and it currently is a grassy field. I'm all for grassy fields, but it seems like it is prime real estate for something to be built there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina