U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 11:47 PM

232 posts, read 398,979 times

Advertisements

the quiznos on 10th near gville blvd closed a few years ago also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 12:41 AM

3,288 posts, read 5,445,560 times
Does anyone remember Bear Rock Cafe? I think they had two locations in Greenville, one near the Starbucks by Vidant and the other in the Five Guys location; they were pretty good! I wonder what ever happened to them?

Old 08-16-2013, 08:27 AM

3,323 posts, read 5,195,071 times
East Carolina has officially bought Wendy's and the Mexican Restaurant. They (ECU and the State) now own everything on the north side of 10th St from Evans to Maple St, minus:

McCafe (2 parcels)
Kinko's (2 parcels)
Baptist Student Union (1 parcel)
TKE (1 parcel)
Catholic Student Union (2 parcels)
Private house (1 parcel)

Old 08-16-2013, 08:28 AM

If I was a betting man, I would say Kinko's 2 parcels are next. They were in talks with them before, but it fell through (I forgot why).

McCafe is going to cost A LOT.

Wendys/Mexican restaurant will be parking lots, for now. To help out with the displaced parking lots closer on campus.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:24 AM

1,674 posts, read 2,045,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Wendys/Mexican restaurant will be parking lots, for now. To help out with the displaced parking lots closer on campus.
They're really going to need those new parking spots when they start building the new student center/parking deck.

That Mexican tin can restaurant should have been bought and demolished twenty years ago. Never saw any activity there. What an eyesore!

Old 08-16-2013, 11:55 AM

47 posts, read 77,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPirate7 View Post
Quiznos did close. It has been in greenville for 12 years. Quiznos headquarters has ran the company into the ground. It's hard to make profit because food cost is so high for Quiznos. It had great food though.
that's sad. yes, their prices were high but i loved their sandwiches. i knew the other one in town closed years ago - because it's east coast wings now.

as far as good - heated - sandwiches, i'll have to go to firehouse. love that place!

Old 08-16-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
They're really going to need those new parking spots when they start building the new student center/parking deck.

That Mexican tin can restaurant should have been bought and demolished twenty years ago. Never saw any activity there. What an eyesore!
They're need A LOT more. Wendys/Mexican restaurant parking is just for the parking lost due to Founders Drive/Alumni Lane and Student Plaza.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:23 PM

3 posts, read 4,114 times
This is my first post. Some things I have noticed...

-ABC Liquor Store almost completed on E Arlington across from bojangles
-Brandy Creek West Neighborhood construction booming as is Eastern NC real estate
-I fix it store opening in early September next to Peppermints, same people own it
-Lastly they tear down Belk Dorms in December and are building two new dorms in its place

Old 08-16-2013, 10:49 PM

3,288 posts, read 5,445,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gville252 View Post
This is my first post. Some things I have noticed...

-ABC Liquor Store almost completed on E Arlington across from bojangles
-Brandy Creek West Neighborhood construction booming as is Eastern NC real estate
-I fix it store opening in early September next to Peppermints, same people own it
-Lastly they tear down Belk Dorms in December and are building two new dorms in its place
Welcome to the forum! Continue with the useful updates and contact me if you have any questions.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:37 PM

3 posts, read 4,114 times
New shops built on Greenville Blvd next to Brueggers Bagels. Says one suit will be US Cellular

Also new shops next to JH Rose with construction going all the way to Ross Orthodontist, the Pawn Shop located next to it is receiving a face lift as well.

Meet The Pirates had large turnout despite the weather, and new basketball practice facility looks amazing!! Go Pirates!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina