U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-19-2013, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Greenville NC
2 posts, read 2,512 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePippin0982 View Post
Looks like something is about to go in front of Pitt CC in between McDonald's and Sheetz on South Memorial... Anyone know anything about this?!

And side note... yes, it looks like they are extending the little strip of shops/restaurants on Firetower by the Kangaroo. Was really hoping for something else!
I work over a PCC and that little plot of land is usually used for seasonal stuff. Right now there are pumpkins and things like that. In another month or so, it will be fresh christmas trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2013, 07:35 AM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,187,319 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
That's the plan. I'm friends with the owner of Big Boys Auto Recycling in Grimesland. He had to rebuild his main shop after a storm took out the old one last year. He was told that he had to move the new building back on his property so there would be enough room for 4 lanes through there. It's not even being budgeted for yet, but it's definitely on the wish list.
The majority of the population increase in Beaufort is occurring on the western side of the county. So it is definitely needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2013, 07:38 AM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,187,319 times
Reputation: 2359
The former Lambda Chi Alpha house at 5th and Elizabeth has a new good looking fence around its backyard. I wonder if a new greek organization is planning on moving in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2013, 07:45 AM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,187,319 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
There's a zoning request sign in front of the abandoned Produce Wholesalers building (the white building with the attached fence in the forefront of the Ficklen Warehouse) on 9th St. Anyone know what the request is for, and does it involve a wrecking ball?
A rezone request. From a manufacturing/warehouse zoning to office/retail space zoning. Looking at a year or two before anything really gets cranking there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2013, 12:47 PM
 
1,674 posts, read 2,041,977 times
Reputation: 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
A rezone request. From a manufacturing/warehouse zoning to office/retail space zoning. Looking at a year or two before anything really gets cranking there.
Probably tearing this building down?


How much of 10th between Evans and Dickinson will be torn down to build the new connector/bridge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2013, 01:27 PM
 
47 posts, read 77,501 times
Reputation: 20
Saw that Los Charros Mexican Restaurant on Greenville Blvd has closed. Sad, because I loved their food. I knew they were taking a chance moving from the old Perkins Restaurant to where they were but yeah... sad to see they have closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2013, 08:09 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,187,319 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Probably tearing this building down?


How much of 10th between Evans and Dickinson will be torn down to build the new connector/bridge?


Looks like about 8 businesses north of the road. Which is a good thing. Nothing worth anything will be lost.

Last edited by MrBojangles; 09-22-2013 at 08:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2013, 01:28 AM
 
1,674 posts, read 2,041,977 times
Reputation: 1074
The old Bostic Sugg store needs to come down regardless. I hope they demolish it before construction begins.

Where does leave the Food Bank? And is WilcoHess closing or just rearranging their setup?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2013, 10:07 AM
 
2,401 posts, read 3,361,917 times
Reputation: 1406
That view is a welcome sign...protecting the Historic Warehouses to the south and getting rid of the hodgepodge mess to the north.

The Trade Mart is the main lost business...betting they will just re-do on site or a different close by site...certainly a market for a gas station going west once this project is done...although there are 2 as you get to the Cotanche intersection, but they are eastbound.

Am I seeing a divided median in the plan as well...hope so, and hope it is continued down 10th Street, a la Charles Blvd...the unsafe five lane road should be a thing of the past in new street construction. As well I can't tell if there is sidewalks/bike lane, of which IMO, there should be ON THE BRIDGE. This is a connection between the Med School campus and main ECU campus...and biking and such should be encouraged/expected. This section shown also has room for potential residential/commercial expansion and walking should be assumed...similar let's say to constructing a sidewalk from Charles Blvd to Evans St for those walking to Starbucks on Evans...if ECU is coming up to Evans on the north side, the land across from it for a couple of blocks on the north side of 10th will be ripe for redevelopment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2013, 10:36 AM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,187,319 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
That view is a welcome sign...protecting the Historic Warehouses to the south and getting rid of the hodgepodge mess to the north.

The Trade Mart is the main lost business...betting they will just re-do on site or a different close by site...certainly a market for a gas station going west once this project is done...although there are 2 as you get to the Cotanche intersection, but they are eastbound.

Am I seeing a divided median in the plan as well...hope so, and hope it is continued down 10th Street, a la Charles Blvd...the unsafe five lane road should be a thing of the past in new street construction. As well I can't tell if there is sidewalks/bike lane, of which IMO, there should be ON THE BRIDGE. This is a connection between the Med School campus and main ECU campus...and biking and such should be encouraged/expected. This section shown also has room for potential residential/commercial expansion and walking should be assumed...similar let's say to constructing a sidewalk from Charles Blvd to Evans St for those walking to Starbucks on Evans...if ECU is coming up to Evans on the north side, the land across from it for a couple of blocks on the north side of 10th will be ripe for redevelopment.
I believe the median will start at Mitchell Drive (on Stantonsburg) and end at the Pitt St. railroad tracks. And I agree, hopefully it will eventually continues to Greenville Blvd or at least to Elm Street. The ECU 10th St corridor really needs medians for the students. The addition of plants/tree median would do wonders.

There will be sidewalks on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top