U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2013, 12:09 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,190,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I wonder what that baby cost to charter?

That is about as big a plane as can land at PGV. They'll get to the point where those are making regular appearances at PGV eventually.
Looks to be around 60k, but not sure what East Carolina pays.

But gosh, I reallly would love to see round-trips to NYC, Atlanta, Tampa, somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 08:11 PM

232 posts, read 398,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
The Football team flew out of Greenville on the way to New Orleans on an A320.

I still think our airport could currently handle larger planes than the twin-turboprops and twin-jets USAir currently run. Some competition would definitely drive down passenger cost there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A320_family
I didnt realize the stopped flying out of kinston

Old 10-13-2013, 02:35 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,043,456 times
That $90K branding consultation has brought Greenville a new logo and motto:

In all the sections of this board I've never seen a thread nor comment where someone was seeking a logo or slogan in their decision-making equation. I also doubt business suitors care about these things. The use of the word "company" is interesting, since we don't have a lot of companies itching to set up headquarters here.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:57 AM

839 posts, read 1,040,413 times
^ well, I like it.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:24 AM

3,288 posts, read 5,440,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
That $90K branding consultation has brought Greenville a new logo and motto:

In all the sections of this board I've never seen a thread nor comment where someone was seeking a logo or slogan in their decision-making equation. I also doubt business suitors care about these things. The use of the word "company" is interesting, since we don't have a lot of companies itching to set up headquarters here.
I could've created that logo and motto for a fraction of that cost..

Old 10-14-2013, 11:55 AM

3,323 posts, read 5,190,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
I didnt realize the stopped flying out of kinston
I forgot the reason why they flew out of Kinston, but IIRC, it wasn't because of the longer runway. Plus, who wants an extra hour bus ride each way, on top of a flight.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:24 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,043,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I could've created that logo and motto for a fraction of that cost..
I know the fee included marketing advice and trend info, but they probably could have gotten that info for next to nothing from a helpful ECU phd. The logo and slogan could have come from ideas and submissions from the community. $90K is a nice chunk of change and could have been allocated elsewhere. It's only worth a cost if the consultants directly brings employers or investors to town. They don't, so why pay for something you can do yourself?

Mostly, unless your brand new at doing something, I'm against consultants. They get paid to tell you things you should already know to function in your business. About ten years ago the company I work for hired a couple of these clowns, and it's been downhill ever since. Not that they caused it. Like I said, if you're experienced and feel the need to pay for advice, you're probably in trouble.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:55 PM

181 posts, read 215,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
I know the fee included marketing advice and trend info, but they probably could have gotten that info for next to nothing from a helpful ECU phd. The logo and slogan could have come from ideas and submissions from the community. $90K is a nice chunk of change and could have been allocated elsewhere. It's only worth a cost if the consultants directly brings employers or investors to town. They don't, so why pay for something you can do yourself?

Mostly, unless your brand new at doing something, I'm against consultants. They get paid to tell you things you should already know to function in your business. About ten years ago the company I work for hired a couple of these clowns, and it's been downhill ever since. Not that they caused it. Like I said, if you're experienced and feel the need to pay for advice, you're probably in trouble.
100% agree. Even more so in a government setting. It seems all to easy for accountability to go out the window. At least in the private sector you're never going to make the same mistake as a business owner because YOU lost the money but in government contracts no one seems to care because it's not their dime so they're not to critical of the work.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:32 AM

1,964 posts, read 2,557,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
100% agree. Even more so in a government setting. It seems all to easy for accountability to go out the window. At least in the private sector you're never going to make the same mistake as a business owner because YOU lost the money but in government contracts no one seems to care because it's not their dime so they're not to critical of the work.
Unless its publicly traded company in the private sector in which case they really don't care bc its shareholder money..

Old 10-15-2013, 04:24 AM

1,964 posts, read 2,557,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Looks to be around 60k, but not sure what East Carolina pays.

But gosh, I reallly would love to see round-trips to NYC, Atlanta, Tampa, somewhere else.
They talked about DC for a while. Does anyone know if they are ever going to do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina