Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 04:58 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,438,509 times

Advertisements

So where do you live...LOL

I really can't help but bash Greenville, because I'm from a city (Baltimore, MD) that has way more development than Greenville... But overall it's not that bad to live here.

This is my wish list for Greenville (not for this year or even the next but I just want to see this stuff one day in Greenville, also some of this stuff is really going to happen) :

Index (R=Really Going To happen, WIW=What I want)

R. I want to see ECU stadium get another expansion
R. I would like to see a downtown hotel
WIW. I would like to see a skyscraper that's at least 12 levels in Downtown
WIW. I would like for ECU to build a Downtown Arena
WIW. I would like about +70,000 sq ft of new retail
WIW. I would like for U.S. 264 to become a interstate from Wilson County to Pitt County
R. I would like for a highway to be built from Greenville to Kinston (There is one planned but it's from Greenville to Ayden): NCDOT: Greenville Southwest Bypass
WIW. I would like for the Carmike Cinemas to shut down so that a Downtown Theater can open
WIW. I would like for a +1,000 job company to be announced in Pitt County
WIW. I would like for a major HQ to be in Greenville (there is not one company in Greenville that is large and HQ'd here)
WIW. I would like for a Water Park to be built (it doesn't have to be to large)
WIW. I would like for a research park to be built that has about 5,000 jobs in the Farmville area because it would cause Growth in Greene, Wilson, and Pitt Counties.
R. A NEW WALMART (even though I don't like Walmart, it's always packed and another one is needed)
WIW. I would like for the economy to be strong without ECU, or PCMH which means more companies
WIW. Better Planning
WIW. For the city to have a maximum population of 150k
WIW. I would like for something like A beltway to go around Greenville, causing growth throughout North Pitt County too.
WIW. I would like for a Mini Cary suburb to be in Pitt County!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 05:09 PM

My last thing is, I would like for Greenville (this is big and would cause a lot of positive growth at a high cost):
I would like for Greenville to build a Light-Rail, Street-Car or something along Charles Street from Greenville Mall to Downtown. The Mall could be demolished for a midtown style development with hotels, office, retail, and etc, The Development including K-Mart could be demolished for more housing while Greenville BLVD is widen to 8 lanes from Charles St to Arlington BLVD (this would not cost to much money, and this would reduce the traffic around the stadium)!!!

The mall development could look something like this!!!

That vision above would cost about $200-$300 million!!! LOL

Try to build a few pedestrian bridges, and create a minor league baseball team that could be at the current ECU baseball stadium!!! The light-rail system could have around 4 stops!!! Now Greenville would be the bomb if that ever happened lol!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 AM

71 posts, read 291,072 times
Haha, wow! what a list of wants you got there! I do have a remark though: Greenville does have several large HQ here (NAACO, Overtons/ Gander Mountain, and Grady White). Also, as for where I live: Asheboro, NC, it's a small town about 30 miles to the south of Greensboro and about 50 miles to the north of Charlotte. There's nothing going on there. I miss Greenville everyday. Trust me regardless of where your from, but especially if you live somewhere like I do, you're lucky to live somewhere like Greenville.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:09 PM

NAACO isn't HQ'd here...lol

Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM

I think that NAACO is HQ here. My friends father works there and he says there are 2 HQ in the US of NAACO, one in Seattle and one in Greenville.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:14 PM

cool...

Old 04-08-2009, 04:57 PM

A will do a photo update in about 5 minutes!!!! Also if you guys want any pictures of Greenville go ahead and ask before saturay because I'm going to maryland saturday!!! Thanks
Infoman/bmoreboy

Last edited by BMORE; 04-08-2009 at 06:27 PM..

Old 04-08-2009, 06:28 PM

Does anybody know what the 2nd to last picture of a development will be???

Old 04-08-2009, 06:38 PM

Magnolia Arts Center to oversee fundraising for theater renovations - News | Reflector.com (http://www.reflector.com/news/magnolia-arts-center-to-oversee-fundraising-for-theater-renovations-535455.html - broken link)
Magnolia Arts Center to oversee fundraising for theater renovations

I think that the 2nd to last picture is the theater project!!!

"Armstrong said his group looks forward to heading up the fundraising efforts. He added he also believes a “functional reconstruction and a green reconstruction” can be accomplished at lower costs than the initial $3 million estimate."

Old 04-09-2009, 07:42 AM

Yes that is exactly what that is. I read an article in The Daily Reflector about it not too long ago. It's the old Park Theatre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina