U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 11:04 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Does anyone know what is going to be built on NC 43, at Bell's Fork, in front of the Bellamy Apts?
I thought that it had been discussed that this was that church that is moving form 14th street? However on OPIS the property owners are Parker Overton so who the hell knows. All I know if a Family Dollar & Cookout makes zero sense for that location, that's all I have to chime in about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 11:24 AM

1,070 posts, read 983,869 times
A Cookout kind of makes sense for that area, especially with all the college kids. I don't know about a dollar store though. Those things are popping up like rabbits... another is about to open on Evans just south of 14th Street.

If they add a restaurant and store, they really need to put a stoplight at that intersection.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:40 AM

145 posts, read 221,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate25 View Post
Unfortunately I have heard this will be a Family Dollar / Dollar General and a Cookout.

I live in this area and really don't want a Family Dollar out there. I can't wait for the robberies. The city should limit the number of these stores.
I'd be fine with a Cookout but good grief! Enough with the Family Dollar stores!! This is the reason I hate that store.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:44 AM

145 posts, read 221,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I thought that it had been discussed that this was that church that is moving form 14th street? However on OPIS the property owners are Parker Overton so who the hell knows. All I know if a Family Dollar & Cookout makes zero sense for that location, that's all I have to chime in about.
Unity Freewill Baptist Church is going to be built at 2508 BELLS FORK RD. At the time we were all just guessing what could be being built in that area.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:39 AM

14 posts, read 17,090 times
Yeah I live in Kittrell Townes and I cannot tell you how much I hate the fact that a Family Dollar / Dollar General is going in there. I really hope that they will put a light at that intersection or there will be someone that gets killed there. There are already tons of wrecks there because it is hard to get out of there and people get impatient.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:53 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,268 times
Well, if it is indeed a Family Dollar going in there, I hate that. I have no problem with Cookout going in...I'll certainly eat there but it made more sense to me for them to be over near Bojangles & such on Firetower Rd. Putting on there seems off the beaten path.

I have no desire for a Family Dollar store in that location. Hell, there is one right down Portertown by the Wal-Mart. If they were constructed in nice buildings it would be one thing, but it's just a box with a brick facade on front & looks horrible.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:20 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,358,037 times
A Family Dollar is a real possibility in that area since it is a few miles in either direction to either Wal-Mart. That is why these dollar stores are all over the place, they are really just a small version of Wal-Mart and the idea is to put them in every neighborhood (even the bad ones) or neighborhood shopping center.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:11 AM

36 posts, read 53,653 times
Anyone heard of a new Dairy Queen being built...I saw a listing on a construction site about bids for a new one at 3221 east 10th St

Old 01-27-2014, 09:10 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,358,037 times
Has anyone posted about the new VA Hospital lately....

Greenville, North Carolina - Durham VA Medical Center

300 jobs (some new, some transferring from existing facility)...I know they have been interviewing.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:15 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,105,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusmitty View Post
Anyone heard of a new Dairy Queen being built...I saw a listing on a construction site about bids for a new one at 3221 east 10th St
I was disappointed when both in the Greenville area closed down some time ago, when we lived there. The one near me (I'm in Winston-Salem now) closed recently as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina