Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 01:41 PM

192 posts, read 281,103 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know when/if the proposed will be built off of 10th street behind (north) of the cemetery on the north side of 10th? I know there is a sign where the cemetery and the city land meet that states there will be a park built there but I've seen nothing about when. Also, I noticed that the cemetery crew/employees are dumping a lot of dirt on the proposed park land from the graves they're digging. Do they still own that land or do they have some sort of arrangement with the city to do this? At first I was hoping that they were starting on the park until I saw the front end loader go back on to the cemetery property. I would love to see this development get started. What's holding it up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 04:57 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,103 times
Part of that cemetery is owned by the city... the workers you see might be city guys.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:57 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,206 times
Greenville area moves up in rankings

Greenville continues to be recognized as a prime destination for business and career growth.

The Milken Institute moved the Greenville Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) up 17 spots to a rank of 13th Best-Performing Small City in the USA. The annual rankings measure how well metropolitan areas are creating and sustaining jobs and economic growth. In the past five year period, the Greenville metro area has demonstrated steady growth in job creation, wages and salaries and high-tech sector growth.

“While this ranking is reflective of Greenville’s growth over the last few years, the city’s business sector continues to flourish as evidenced by recent locations and business expansions in the life sciences and tech sector,” Carl Rees, Greenville’s economic development officer, said.

Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce President Scott Senatore concurs.

“The latest recognition by the Milken Institute reflects the hard work of our community leaders and the recent progress Greenville has experienced,” Senatore said. “We know Greenville is a prime destination for business and career growth; it is encouraging to see that others are continuing to take notice.”

Greenville and the Raleigh-Cary MSA, which ranked 13th in the nation for large cities, were the only North Carolina cities cited by the Milken Institute report.

2013 Best-Performing Cities » Small-Cities-Rankings

Old 01-30-2014, 09:02 PM

1,106 posts, read 3,533,543 times
Gonna be moving there soon from Durham for my wifes new job. Getting ready to open an indoor inflatable party center that I have to put on hold at least for a little while.

I know of the place in the mall there and was not impressed, but are there any other indoor playgrounds or party type places there utilized a lot? Also where is the best location in Greenville that many people shop? I haven't seen too much and it looks like the city is separated by two main shopping areas, by Walmart and on the main road when you come in close to the hospital. Am I wrong?

Do any of you know of any open buildings with tall ceilings?

Old 01-31-2014, 09:12 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,160 times
I'm not sure there are any other indoor inflatable places around town.

There use to be one on Firetower that was great. We went to birthday parties there a lot but it closed down about a year ago.

There have been multiple on Memorial in a little shopping strip near Pitt Community but they were both horrible. We walked in with out kid & promptly walked out, nasty.

There is a play jump fit on Evans street which is part of a gym really. It's nothing more than a playground equipment indoors with one blow up slide. It sucks too.

The one on fire tower was awesome, they had lots of large blow up things to play on but apparently they didn't make enough money since they shut down.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:32 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,857,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
Gonna be moving there soon from Durham for my wifes new job. Getting ready to open an indoor inflatable party center that I have to put on hold at least for a little while.

I know of the place in the mall there and was not impressed, but are there any other indoor playgrounds or party type places there utilized a lot? Also where is the best location in Greenville that many people shop? I haven't seen too much and it looks like the city is separated by two main shopping areas, by Walmart and on the main road when you come in close to the hospital. Am I wrong?

Do any of you know of any open buildings with tall ceilings?
Has anything ever gone into the old Circuit City site? It is right on the corner of Evans and Greenville Blvd and in the Target shopping center. Very visible location.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:49 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Has anything ever gone into the old Circuit City site? It is right on the corner of Evans and Greenville Blvd and in the Target shopping center. Very visible location.
Try reading this thread and you'd know the answer.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:21 PM

247 posts, read 445,386 times
[quote=Phil A. Delphia;32767937]Mayor Thomas said today on his Facebook page that a series of announcements are coming in January about a major development. Stay tuned...[/QUOTE

Have the mayor mentioned anything about this yet?

Old 01-31-2014, 02:25 PM

247 posts, read 445,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Mayor Thomas said today on his Facebook page that a series of announcements are coming in January about a major development. Stay tuned...
Have the mayor mentioned anything about this yet?

Old 01-31-2014, 02:32 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,160 times
Quote:
They are working on it right now...PetCo, Kirklands & another damn mattress place. Apparently we should all be able to eat yogurt & test mattresses on each corner in Greenville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina