U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2014, 05:24 PM

3,321 posts, read 5,183,240 times

Advertisements

A few new Businesses are (I am pretty sure 100%) going to the Uptown district.

I believe Game Theory Group is coming. They help improve student-athlete
academic performance and allow coaches to gain valuable insight about a player’s intangible assets. They already have contracts with 30 collegiate athletic departments. From my quick Googling, it seems like they will set up the HQ in Greenville.

Longleaf Brewing is an independent nano-craft brewery looking to locate on Dickinson Avenue in West Greenville where it will base its production operations as well as house a taproom to serve its beer.

The Wright School of Music is a school of music soon to be located in the Hooker Buchanan Building in Uptown Greenville and will provide a wide range of music instruction in violin, viola, cello, bass, piano, percussion, guitar, brass, winds, and voice to individuals and groups.

Fun stuff, hopefully. Looks like good type of businesses in the Uptown area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 05:27 PM

Website on the Tar River Legacy Plan, which will identify comprehensive strategies to improve the City’s relationship to its River while ensuring access to resources for the future.

Tar River Legacy Plan | Greenville, North Carolina

Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 PM

Less sexy, but City project aims to curb Greenville drainage problems - WNCT

Old 02-05-2014, 06:51 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,268 times
good stuff on the brewery info. That would be a good thing for uptown. A few good breweries area a lot better than a few new clubs...total different scene.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:16 AM

872 posts, read 1,717,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Website on the Tar River Legacy Plan, which will identify comprehensive strategies to improve the City’s relationship to its River while ensuring access to resources for the future.

Tar River Legacy Plan | Greenville, North Carolina
Looked at the plan website and was left with a question I've had for a long time. Why do so many NC rivers look muddy? Obviously not related to development (unless it is runoff from all the construction!), but along the entire US 29 and I-85 corridor, the rivers appear muddy as does the Tar quite often.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:03 PM

1,070 posts, read 983,869 times
According to WITN-7, Chipotle is only going to occupy half of the O'Charley's building. Also, Ribeye's is moving into the spot at Arlington Blvd and Firetower Rd that The Daily Grind occupied.

New Stores, Restaurants Moving Into Greenville

Old 02-06-2014, 04:43 AM

3,285 posts, read 5,433,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sregorat3 View Post
Looked at the plan website and was left with a question I've had for a long time. Why do so many NC rivers look muddy? Obviously not related to development (unless it is runoff from all the construction!), but along the entire US 29 and I-85 corridor, the rivers appear muddy as does the Tar quite often.
I've thought the same as well, it's hard to make me attracted to the River when it's color looks that muddy.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:30 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,268 times
Mayor Thomas's facebook post under the WITN story about the new businesses:

.....Stay tuned. More news coming. What becomes more interesting as well is the new plateau of retail which will finally make its way east as we near the 100,000 population threshold. Already happening to some degree.

Also this story in the Reflector (that I don't have access to yet) about the Greenville Economy: The Daily Reflector

Last edited by jpirate; 02-06-2014 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: w

Old 02-06-2014, 04:38 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,041,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sregorat3 View Post
Natural forces and erosion are usually to blame. Most of NC east of the mountains lies on a clay surface and subsurface. Clays are easily broken down into sediments that cloud up the water.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:54 PM

872 posts, read 1,717,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Natural forces and erosion are usually to blame. Most of NC east of the mountains lies on a clay surface and subsurface. Clays are easily broken down into sediments that cloud up the water.
I figured that it was natural... like areas that have dark water due to tannins (i.e. Boundary Waters in MN).
I was thinking erosion, because that is what usually muddies up water where I live; I also wondered if it had something to do with the large upstream impounds that are in the western part of the state. I imagine that variations in water release methods could have an impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina