U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 06:09 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,184,042 times

Advertisements

Anyone been on West 5th St lately? They are cleaning up the street. New sidewalks, landscaping etc.

They former building "Chasers" was torn down today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 02:43 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,041,808 times
So what are they putting up on Arlington right next to the high school and railroad tracks?

Old 08-18-2010, 08:08 AM

11 posts, read 16,159 times
I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe a U-Haul store?

On a different topic, anyone know of some good bike trails in the area? I know about the one for the Bicycle Post. By the way, I looked at some website and they have that trail ranked 38th in the U.S. So something positive for Greenville

Old 08-18-2010, 01:07 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,184,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by umgal View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe a U-Haul store?

On a different topic, anyone know of some good bike trails in the area? I know about the one for the Bicycle Post. By the way, I looked at some website and they have that trail ranked 38th in the U.S. So something positive for Greenville
Is that the trail northeast of Greenville? Also the South Tar River Greenway is nice. It will be a lot better (longer) once the second part is complete.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:25 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,106,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Here's a development of a different kind. RAIDS Online - Free Public Crime Mapping and Analysis

You can look at all sorts of crime and where it happens in Greenville. If you look at the two deadly type of crimes, murder and aggravated assault for a 6 month period, a very clear pattern emerges with only a couple of exceptions. Petty crime even has a pattern of mostly occuring along main routes in the city. Certain parts of the city like the Eastern Pines area is pretty much crime free.
We moved away from Greenville, but loved living in Eastern Pines area (specifically, Walker's Trail subdivision). Figures that the only incident involving theft I've ever had to deal with happened there. I left my vehicle unlocked in our driveway (the last time I ever did that!), and someone went into the vehicle and stole my portable satellite radio receiver. Of course whoever bought it from whatever pawn shop it ended up at shouldn't be able to use it - the satellite radio companies track the serial numbers and they were supposed to block it when I reported it stolen. But I've heard they aren't always good about blocking it.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:14 PM

335 posts, read 358,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Winterville is tracked on another website. I'll have to ask my son for it.
Here it is

Search CrimeReports.com

Old 08-18-2010, 08:15 PM

335 posts, read 358,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Random thought, is L.A. Lounge still open? I thought it was closing
L.A. Lounge is definitely closed. It actually closed last year, from what I've been told.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Is that the trail northeast of Greenville? Also the South Tar River Greenway is nice. It will be a lot better (longer) once the second part is complete.
It's right past Rock Springs, you go down a small dirt path and there is a small parking lot. I have yet to try it, I've been told it is not for beginners. My husband and brother-in-law tried it about a month ago and loved it. Unfortunately the day they went, right when they were finishing up it started to pour outside. The wind was pretty hard and a tree limb went right through my BIL's windshield. We felt bad because he drove up from Myrtle Beach just to try this trail.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 AM

Also just heard on the radio this morning Greenville was one of the cities honored as a 2010 Playful City.

List of 2010 Playful City USA Communities | KaBOOM!

Old 08-21-2010, 04:12 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,041,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead0043 View Post
And here is my son with the URL. Thanks Daryl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina