U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 07:06 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,041,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
Let us know when you find anything out. Are they going to get started completing that 264 loop anytime soon?
They probably won't do any real construction on the Southwest bypass anytime soon. One of the properties that I mentioned is owned by ECU. The second property, which is about 1/4 mile from the first one and on the other side of the road, is owned by an investment group. I don't have a clue about what is being done with either property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 08:45 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,358,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
Let us know when you find anything out. Are they going to get started completing that 264 loop anytime soon?
They will start ROW acquisition next year per the DOT website...

NCDOT: Greenville Southwest Bypass

From website...

"As of April 2014, right-of-way acquisition for all three sections of the project is scheduled to begin in June 2015. In addition, NCDOT will award design-build construction contracts for all three sections of the project in June 2015. By doing this, the final design of the project can proceed while the department acquires the needed right-of-way.

The project is divided into three sections:

Section A extends from N.C. 11 in Ayden to just south of N.C. 102.
Section B is located between N.C. 102 and Forlines Road.
Section C is located between Forlines Road and U.S. 264."

Firetower Rd extension is currently in development and will connect to it, but likely won't be done until after the bypass has been finished for a couple of years.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:49 AM

1,070 posts, read 983,869 times
The land that Pugh's Tires downtown currently occupies is for sale. $2.5 mil

http://ovtgroup.com/commercial-property-search_305.html

Old 05-09-2014, 12:51 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,358,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
The land that Pugh's Tires downtown currently occupies is for sale. $2.5 mil

Greenville NC Real Estate Listings, Homes, Properties, and Lots
Outdated map they have listed on there....

Why not a student housing highrise with parking/mixed use on the lower levels.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:18 PM

145 posts, read 221,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
Yes you are right emelvee! I've known about this for a little while but construction should start end of year. And yes they will be tearing down and rebuilding.
So I would assume Hobby Lobby will be built there right now and then the extra land will be developed later? That piece of land is fairly large so I would think there would be more then one store located there. I hope that the design will be nicer then just a simple concrete building. If your gonna build a building then you might as well do it right the first time and make it look nice instead of just throwing four walls and a roof together because it's gonna be there for a long time. Hopefully something nice like this.

Last edited by piratesrock; 05-09-2014 at 01:28 PM..

Old 05-09-2014, 01:41 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,105,692 times
Yeah, I would think they would build more than just the Hobby Lobby, assuming they tear down the entire center.

Maybe room for a mattress store, yogurt shop, and e-cig shop.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:39 PM

839 posts, read 1,039,268 times
A very good interview with Don Edwards about Uptown Progress. Worth the listen..

New Hotel May Be Added To Growing List of Uptown Projects (video) » Greenville Headlines

Old 05-09-2014, 03:08 PM

145 posts, read 221,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Yeah, I would think they would build more than just the Hobby Lobby, assuming they tear down the entire center.

Maybe room for a mattress store, yogurt shop, and e-cig shop.
DEFINITELY a mattress store. Gosh, I just can't find any mattress store in Greenville that has the perfect mattress for me! LOL

Old 05-09-2014, 07:14 PM

3,321 posts, read 5,183,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
A very good interview with Don Edwards about Uptown Progress. Worth the listen..

New Hotel May Be Added To Growing List of Uptown Projects (video) » Greenville Headlines
Came here to post that:

"A hotel has been discussed for twenty years and now it appears an announcement is imminent. “I can only say land is under contract with people in the hotel business, due diligence is being done..."

"... the hotel could be built in the block where the old Attic building is located. The only vacant space on that block currently is at 4th and Reade Streets."

"“I would call it a branded, boutique hotel,” said Edwards. “Like a Hilton Garden Inn,” offered host Henry Hinton."

"Other significant activity includes what has become known as the Super Block on East 5th Street. Edwards is an investor in this project that encompasses the frontage along 5th Street between Cotanche and Reade. “That project is already full leased,”"

Old 05-10-2014, 12:09 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,105,692 times
I'm not sure I'd call a Hilton Garden Inn a "boutique" hotel, but something like that would be great for Uptown - of course, pretty much ANY hotel would be great for Uptown. I'm excited that it looks like we're getting a Kimpton Hotel in Winston-Salem - that should be more of a true branded boutique hotel (don't think Greenville could support something like that yet).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina