U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 09:44 AM

181 posts, read 215,369 times

Advertisements

According to WITN "One business already planning to build on Dickinson Avenue is Longleaf Brewery. The same architect who designed Mother Earth Brewery in Kinston says he will design the brewery. Construction should be underway sometime this year."
I am SUPER excited about this. Assuming the beer doesn't suck, this could be another major step into creating a quality, unique downtown area for Greenville. I've been wishing Mother Earth was in Greenville for a while so hopefully Longleaf will use them as template.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 06:12 PM

209 posts, read 326,034 times
I called Waffle House on Memorial Drive, he told me he believes a Dollar Tree is coming beside them. They broke ground this morning.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:14 PM

209 posts, read 326,034 times
Employee that works at Online on firetower rd said they heard a carpet store or some type of restaurant is coming up in front of them. That's what they heard and they wasn't 100% sure.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:29 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,044,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
Hopefully they will remodel some. Last time i was in pirates den, it had missing tiles from the floor and just generally looked run down.
The exterior sign for Fitzgerald's is up and the interior is indeed being gutted.

I was in Charlotte about a month ago. I didn't go into Fitzgerald's, but I walked by it. That one was huge and was blaring music that was hooked up to play on their patio. I could still hear it a block away. I doubt they'll be doing that in Greenville though.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:33 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,366,899 times
Perfect time for a renovation...get it ready by the time the students come back in August....bet it will be hopping then.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:58 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,192,469 times
ECU is buying four properties around the Chancellor's House to allow the expansion of his house. I believe this is needed. This isn't just a private home for the Chancellor and his wife, but a tool to use in fundraising and advancement of the university. It is way too small to serve as that in its current configuration.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
ECU is buying four properties around the Chancellor's House to allow the expansion of his house. I believe this is needed. This isn't just a private home for the Chancellor and his wife, but a tool to use in fundraising and advancement of the university. It is way too small to serve as that in its current configuration.
Spending just over a million on this project, but is privately funded.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:13 AM

Speaking of ECU spending a million dollars...

I know that seems like a lot of money to spend on installing sidewalks, but having walked around on campus, I can see where it would cost at least several hundred thousand for this work. They had to fill in road beds that were eliminated, including the parking lot near Austin and the science building. And the amount (in quantity and cost) of new brick laid down is mind-boggling.

Looks great in person and it's nice not to have to manage auto traffic while on campus.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:59 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,192,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Speaking of ECU spending a million dollars...

I know that seems like a lot of money to spend on installing sidewalks, but having walked around on campus, I can see where it would cost at least several hundred thousand for this work. They had to fill in road beds that were eliminated, including the parking lot near Austin and the science building. And the amount (in quantity and cost) of new brick laid down is mind-boggling.

Looks great in person and it's nice not to have to manage auto traffic while on campus.
It's nice to have those large walk/bikeways connecting West End (where many students live on campus) and Central campus (where the majority of the classrooms are.

I like the new open space in between Howell Science, Austin, and Rawl. Super pedestrian friendly and love all the green on campus.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:12 PM

137 posts, read 141,087 times
Thanks for the photos Phil. They're great! Photo updates for folks who don't live in the area are always welcomed. Any chance of some updated photos of the Taft project on Evans and Reade Circle? Or, does anyone know if there is a construction cam for that project? Many, if not most, projects have them today.

The new sidewalks/bike lanes are a great addition to campus. It would be nice to see the others that have been planned completed soon, but with the way funding is now, it may take a number of years before that happens. One thing I don't understand is why there is a trash receptacle and a bench in the middle of the bike lanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina