U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-30-2014, 12:28 PM
 
1,022 posts, read 1,004,818 times
Reputation: 367

Advertisements

Does anyone like think that there should be more smaller Vidant hospitals around the county for Emergency or clinic use? Land is becoming quite sparse, but another smaller emergency room or urgent care somewhere between the future SW bypass and PCC would probably be a good idea right?

Last edited by michealbond; 06-30-2014 at 01:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Greenville, NC
1,069 posts, read 985,975 times
Reputation: 591
The problem with Vidant's Urgent Care is that they bill it as an ER visit. I get charged a $100 copay for using MedDirect. Physician's East only $35.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2014, 05:44 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,188,387 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
The problem with Vidant's Urgent Care is that they bill it as an ER visit. I get charged a $100 copay for using MedDirect. Physician's East only $35.
Then go to Physicians East! Emergency Departments are for EMERGENCIES. Urgent Care is for URGENT events, that aren't emergencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2014, 06:22 PM
 
137 posts, read 140,948 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Vidant and ECU are two separate parties. I don't see the Caner Center not getting built because of this.

But I do find it strange/not smart that Vidant doesn't build more buildings etc for ECU. Charge them a $1/year rent or something. ECU shouldn't have to rely solely on the State/receipts/private donations to grow.
I alluded to the fact that the BSOM and Vidant are separate entities in my original post. However, they have a symbiotic relationship. There is no way Pitt Memorial would be anywhere near the size Vidant is today without the BSOM. If the medical school goes away, so does the engine that's driving the growth of Vidant. In fact, if the medical school closes I would be surprised if the hospital didn't shrink over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2014, 11:41 PM
 
1,964 posts, read 2,556,687 times
Reputation: 1894
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingLocal View Post
If the medical school goes away, so does the engine that's driving the growth of Vidant. In fact, if the medical school closes I would be surprised if the hospital didn't shrink over time.
Is this an option that's being discussed? I was aware of the recent budget shortfalls and how they came about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 04:14 AM
 
Location: Greenville, NC
1,069 posts, read 985,975 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Then go to Physicians East! Emergency Departments are for EMERGENCIES. Urgent Care is for URGENT events, that aren't emergencies.
Vidant positions MedDirect as an urgent-care-like facility, not to mention it's open when Physician's East is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Greenville
82 posts, read 98,394 times
Reputation: 43
Does anyone know what they're doing on Frog Level Road? Right about here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.57...mnEsXwgAS_goBw
They're putting pipes in and have flattened the ground. Didn't know if they were just replacing the power lines or what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 02:45 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,188,387 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitrinite View Post
Does anyone know what they're doing on Frog Level Road? Right about here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.57...mnEsXwgAS_goBw
They're putting pipes in and have flattened the ground. Didn't know if they were just replacing the power lines or what.
I am purely speculating here, but that is in the Southwest bypass corridor. I wonder if it is something to do with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 02:50 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,188,387 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Vidant positions MedDirect as an urgent-care-like facility, not to mention it's open when Physician's East is not.
MedDirect is for a medical emergency that is not life-threatening. An urgent care is for walk-in, and can treat a broad spectrum of illnesses and injuries, as well as perform minor medical procedures. The Emergency Department is for life-threatening emergencies. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Greenville, NC
1,069 posts, read 985,975 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
MedDirect is for a medical emergency that is not life-threatening.
This is what urgent care is for. The same thing. If it's not urgent, call the doctor and get an appointment.

Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top