U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 08:57 AM

1,073 posts, read 990,731 times

Advertisements

I haven't been by there on Arlington but they are running a "now open" sign on the electronic billboard at the Vernon White/Winterville turnoff on 11.

They will probably do well in that location. I think the only other store like that in town is on Firetower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 09:30 AM

3,323 posts, read 5,198,893 times
Big news is happening now with the Govn'r at the Airport in regards to future Transportation plans

Old 09-17-2014, 09:31 AM

Vidant Health, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, and Wake-Med collaborate to form new company

Vidant Health, 2 other health systems collaborate to form new co - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

This will be interesting. It looks to me to put the hospitals in a better financial position, rather than any admin changes.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:37 AM

Sad you have to look to Raleigh for any information on the Govn'r announcements.

* McCrory proposed a new interstate route through rural northeastern counties to Virginia’s Hampton Roads area and he targeted two other highways that would be upgraded to interstate standards: U.S. 74 from Asheville through Charlotte to Wilmington, and U.S. 70 in the eastern part of the state.

*Improve rail and road links from the two ports to military bases, the Global Transpark at Kinston, and the Interstate 95 corridor. Bring U.S. 70 to interstate standards for shorter travel times and easier freight movement. Bring parts of U.S. 17 and U.S. 64 to interstate standards as part of new freeway to Hampton Roads.

McCrory sketches NC transportation priorites for the next 25 years | State Politics | NewsObserver.com

Old 09-17-2014, 09:41 AM

Few other tweets:

*Improving access to the medical facilities at ECU is also a key part of #NCVision25

*MCCrory says #NCVision25 will improve Greenville Bypass to improve congestion and better connect Greenville to ports vas military bases.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:41 AM

5,417 posts, read 5,411,530 times
We passed by Yerbabuena Latin Grill 206 Greenville, Blvd. over the weekend. A sign showing a new Italian Restaurant is coming soon. One closes & another takes its place.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:56 AM

More info on the Hospital...agreement, from an actual news source:

Wake Forest Baptist helps form new 3-system company - Winston-Salem Journal: Local News

* new shared-services operating company while allowing each entity to retain independent governance.

* The company “will allow the organizations to gain benefits of scale … This significant relationship will not include a merger or acquisition of organizations.”

* Will be more willing to share best practices and cost-reduction strategies, with each hospital.

* The hospitals plan to use the new company as a mechanism for sharing supply chain management, select information technology infrastructure and clinical protocols.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:35 AM

840 posts, read 1,042,020 times
Quote:
We passed by Yerbabuena Latin Grill 206 Greenville, Blvd. over the weekend. A sign showing a new Italian Restaurant is coming soon. One closes & another takes its place.
Not a shocker that place went out of business. It was unfortunately doomed from the beginning IMO. Such a selective type of food & the location is not the best in the world.

A new local Italian Resturant that is actually good would be a welcome thing. Currently there is really only maybe three italian type places in town including Finelli's, which I admittedly haven't been to in many, many years . Last time I went the food quality & portions had really gone downhill for what you pay, not to mention the service was sub par as well.

I have been under the thinking that Hooters really, really should move uptown somewhere. If there were close to campus I can't help but think they'd be much better off. Their location is terrible except for the bikers I guess.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:48 PM

1,073 posts, read 990,731 times
I don't know that Hooters really targets the university crowd. I mean they do, but not actively. I used to travel alot around the Carolinas and, you can lol, but I frequented Hooters (sports bars in general) because it's a place besides fast food joints where a male can eat alone and not look out of place. I've eaten there in Wilmington, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Columbia and all of them except Charlotte were out on "shopping boulevards." Plenty of chain sports bars in downtown Columbia and the Vista but Hooters is out with the strip malls. I really think they want young professionals/middle aged guys and yes, families - the suburb crowd.

The same reason Buffalo Wild Wings moved out to Arlington Village.

Of restaurants such as this, I would love to see us get a Twin Peaks

Old 09-18-2014, 06:49 AM

102 posts, read 372,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Sad you have to look to Raleigh for any information on the Govn'r announcements.

* McCrory proposed a new interstate route through rural northeastern counties to Virginia’s Hampton Roads area and he targeted two other highways that would be upgraded to interstate standards: U.S. 74 from Asheville through Charlotte to Wilmington, and U.S. 70 in the eastern part of the state.

*Improve rail and road links from the two ports to military bases, the Global Transpark at Kinston, and the Interstate 95 corridor. Bring U.S. 70 to interstate standards for shorter travel times and easier freight movement. Bring parts of U.S. 17 and U.S. 64 to interstate standards as part of new freeway to Hampton Roads.

McCrory sketches NC transportation priorites for the next 25 years | State Politics | NewsObserver.com
We all know McCrory is just bumping his gums enc will not get any major new highway construction anytime soon the new formula for funding highways favors the large metro areas hence Charlotte to the front, Triangle, Triad. Sorry no interstate for you Greenville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina