U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 11:58 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,041,977 times

Advertisements

University Commons gains one tenant and loses another. LaVida Massage will be located next to Barnes & Noble (in the former Big & Tall Men's), and the Chinese restaurant next to Michelangelo's has closed (or moved?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 04:01 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,044,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
Yes, it would be nice if they built a brand new facility, but I think they can make do with what they have.
You don't have to build a new facility to have HD cameras. Just HD cameras and switching/processing gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I thought WNCT News went to HD like a year ago. I remember a hubbub when they did it.

The 11pm news is on now and I just turned there, it looks HD to me.
Nope, they just upscale their old cameras. Whether you can see the difference between SD and HD depends a lot on your television. If you're watching with a 720P TV then the difference isn't as noticeable.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:50 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,004,410 times
Just a reminder, Chipotle has opened in the former O Charley's location. Unfortunately, with the way restaurant openings work in Greenville, it will probably be Christmas or 2015 before the line finally dies down and you can actually go get food!

Old 10-01-2014, 09:44 AM

3,323 posts, read 5,187,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Always thought it would be great for them to sell that land on Evans (someone could put a Apt complex on it or something) and them move downtown...renovate an old warehouse off Evans. With WITN leaving their antiquated Chocowinity digs, I thought it would put the pressure on WNCT to leave theirs as well....and their property on Evans is actually valuable land.
I hoped WITN would have moved downtown before they got their building on Arlington.

But I agree. WNCT, WCTI, The Daily Reflector, and whatever other big media outlet should move downtown.

Could you imagine a evening newscast with with huge window showing the Town Commons in the background, vs the mess they have now?

Plus, there is good marketing to hear something like "WNCT, broadcasting live from Uptown Greenville, your home of the ECU Pirates" (or similar).

Old 10-01-2014, 10:00 AM

145 posts, read 221,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
You don't have to build a new facility to have HD cameras. Just HD cameras and switching/processing gear.
Yeah definitely. Sorry, I was referring to some of the recent posts in general that said they needed to just build a whole new building.

WITN didn't have a big enough studio so they needed to build a brand new facility but I think WNCT has a big enough building, they just need a renovation. I like the idea of them moving to downtown. I feel like eventually one of them with move there, as long as they stop reporting about every single shooting/robbery over there.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:04 AM

145 posts, read 221,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Just a reminder, Chipotle has opened in the former O Charley's location. Unfortunately, with the way restaurant openings work in Greenville, it will probably be Christmas or 2015 before the line finally dies down and you can actually go get food!
Walked in the door last night and turned right back around and walked out. The line was literally wrapped around the whole restaurant. I should have known it was busy since its only the second day but I didn't expect that. Might have to try it for lunch on Sunday instead.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:32 AM

208 posts, read 325,497 times
The Bread Lady has moved further down the road in a larger building.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:56 PM

153 posts, read 186,836 times
You guys are right that you don't have to build a new building as long as you renovate / upgrade existing facilities. But similar to a debate on Boneyard Banter about our football stadium pressbox, aesthetics are meaningful and say something about a place. Our football stadium has one glaring eyesore - the double wide on the south side. Likewise, seeing a facility like WNCT has which is clearly about 20+ years out of date makes a statement. Yes, I want the programming to be good and the quality, but at some point I think you have to realize your studio looks like it's dying and make improvements.

Maybe to you guys' point - they'll move downtown.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:02 AM

8 posts, read 13,373 times
2 pm press conference today to discuss the future of Brook Valley Country Club.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:25 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,187,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscbnc View Post
2 pm press conference today to discuss the future of Brook Valley Country Club.
McConnell Golf Group agreed to purchase Brook Valley Country Club
The Daily Reflector

Looking at the other courses MGG own, this is huge. Look at the other golf courses they own:

They are WAY above anything in Greenville currently. Which makes it big for Greenville. Plus members receive unlimited access to all eight properties for one fee. Plus numerous other benefits: Private Golf Country Clubs in Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro & Myrtle Beach in NC & SC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina