U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2014, 05:06 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,039,592 times

Advertisements

City Hotel purchased by the group that owns the local Hilton and Hampton hotels, and will be converted to a Holiday Inn.

The Daily Reflector
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 06:52 PM

The Boundary at night.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:40 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,165 times
General Cash & Carry is closing...wow. i had not heard that.

The Daily Reflector

I use to go to this place all the time growing up to buy boxes of baseball cards. Here's to hoping that someone buys the property, tears it down & re-builds something goo there.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:46 PM

269 posts, read 348,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
General Cash & Carry is closing...wow. i had not heard that.

The Daily Reflector

I use to go to this place all the time growing up to buy boxes of baseball cards. Here's to hoping that someone buys the property, tears it down & re-builds something goo there.
Interesting. I just rode by the other day and after I saw the sign I thought to myself "Is this place still open or is that just a lingering business sign form back in the day?" I thought about checking it out. Sad I didn't.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:50 PM

82 posts, read 98,240 times
A source told me that a 100 room hotel is planned for Uptown but will not be on the site with the existing house (SE corner of 4th/Cotanche). They did inform me that it would be "very close" to the parking deck - so maybe the NW corner of 4th/Cotanche? And while this information will be released to the public within the next to months, construction isn't likely to start until sometime near 2017.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:02 PM

269 posts, read 348,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitrinite View Post
A source told me that a 100 room hotel is planned for Uptown but will not be on the site with the existing house (SE corner of 4th/Cotanche). They did inform me that it would be "very close" to the parking deck - so maybe the NW corner of 4th/Cotanche? And while this information will be released to the public within the next to months, construction isn't likely to start until sometime near 2017.
Interesting. Looks like the max building that might go there would be about 100x150ft if the two N-S parcels were bought. If all three then 100x200ish.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitrinite View Post
The "For Sale" sign on that old house/currently a lawyer's office has been removed.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:15 PM

839 posts, read 1,039,165 times
I just want to see a hotel that goes UP unlike all the other hotels in town. Our uptown needs a skyline. The parking deck and the student complex is helping slightly.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:25 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,357,134 times
Quote:
I just want to see a hotel that goes UP unlike all the other hotels in town. Our uptown needs a skyline. The parking deck and the student complex is helping slightly.
Its had a dramatic effect actually...sitting at the Reade/Cotanche intersection facing ECU you can feel it as you look in each direction. The parking deck looks very uniform with the streetscape...moreso than I envisioned. The nice thing about uptown Greenville is that there is some grade changes, which gives buildings a bigger feel when you are at street level.

You don't need much space for a hotel as we saw with the Courtyard in Downtown Wilmington...I envision it something like that.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:36 PM

3,321 posts, read 5,182,656 times
Quote:
Lucky for you (and everyone else), real estate prices uptown is so much more expensive than everywhere else. I think a block is around 1million, vs. 100-200k elsewhere.

So that forces owners to build up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina