U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 04:32 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,372,827 times

Advertisements

Besides Publix, I would think the next Grocery Store chain Greenville is going to see is Trader Joe's. IMO its just a matter of time.

On another note, if you have not seen the Belk Dorm replacement project on College Hill, you should drive by. It is impressive and really completes the "neighborhood". Would love to see the pedestrian bridge project over 14th and the RR tracks fast tracked once these buildings are done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 06:49 AM

840 posts, read 1,042,020 times
A Trader Joe's would be phenomenal...you can' tell me they wouldn't be busy 24-7. We always stop there when we're in Raleigh & headed home..every damn trip.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:46 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,197,748 times
Greenville Visitors' Bureau moves to "Superblock" - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

Old 02-04-2015, 11:03 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,047,197 times
Great! Now let's see some real estate company show some courage and open an office downtown.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:35 AM

105 posts, read 181,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Great! Now let's see some real estate company show some courage and open an office downtown.

Why a real estate company in particular? Just curious.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:58 AM

294 posts, read 272,859 times
With all the happenings over the past year I need more good news! Whats the latest on this hotel or B&B in Uptown? Whatever happened to the transportation hub?

PS if you're not contacting your representatives about the plight of the Brody School of Medicine, I beseech you to do so.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPLANNER View Post
Why a real estate company in particular? Just curious.
There aren't any real estate offices downtown because the agencies don't see our downtown as a selling point, it's been quite the opposite. We keep developing downtown, it will stop being the embarrassment it's been the last decade or two. Take Washington, they have agencies on the main highways, but they also have small offices on Main St. because their waterfront/Main St. is an attraction. The only attraction for outsiders in downtown Greenville is the proximity to ECU campus. A successful downtown draws people who are looking for more than just government services, cheap food, drinks, and t-shirts. We need a diversity of storefronts that attracts people with income to spend. Students don't have a lot of income.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
PS if you're not contacting your representatives about the plight of the Brody School of Medicine, I beseech you to do so.
I wonder how much politics is behind the Brody situation...

But then I also wonder if we should go ahead and put our houses up for sale...

Old 02-05-2015, 12:51 PM

294 posts, read 272,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
I wonder how much politics is behind the Brody situation...

But then I also wonder if we should go ahead and put our houses up for sale...
Slashing state support, preventing the collection of debts through Medicaid and SODCA, and refusing to allow an increase in enrollment. Only one of those can be entertained as justifiable (decreasing state funding) the rest is pure political. I just cannot believe that BSoM will be allowed to fail given the amount of tax payer money already spent, not to mention the social and economic impact of such a travesty. Then again the real North Carolina begins in Knightdale so who knows.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:04 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,052,304 times
Both Greenville Radio Shack locations should be closing shortly. There is a Radio Shack in the Greenville Mall and a location by the Walmart on Greenville Blvd.

Here’s the list of proposed RadioShack store closings – Quartz

Additionally, there are 2 new buildings going up on the first block of East Arlington Blvd. near Firetower Rd. One is on the east side of Arlington and it appears to be a largish Christian school. The other is on the west side of Arlington and it appears to be a small business building similar to the others that are already there.

In the Winterville area there is also another largish Christian school going up on Worthington Rd.

The large Catholic school on NC 43 South just outside of Greenville is coming along nicely and is well out of the ground.

I want to take a minute to remind everyone that there is development going on all over Greenville, and not just in downtown. It is an exciting time to live here and see the city grow and prosper.

If you see something going up ANYWHERE in Greenville please post it here. I know there is a lot of activity on the west end of Firetower Rd but no one is posting anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina