U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 06:14 PM

181 posts, read 185,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I love developments like this...

Collaboration and Partnership to Establish a Pharmaceutical Powerhouse
GREENVILLE, NC (March 2, 2015) – East Carolina University (ECU) and Pitt Community College (PCC) will partner to create the East Coast’s finest training center for biomanufacturing and pharmaceuticals with funds provided by the Golden LEAF Foundation. Additional support from the North Carolina Community College System’s NCWorks Customized Training and BioNetwork will enhance the planned facilities and programs.

The Golden LEAF Board of Directors voted unanimously at its February meeting to provide $1,750,000 – the largest such grant this year – to ECU ($1,100,000) and PCC ($650,000). The funds at each institution will be used to establish the Biopharmaceutical Work Force Development and Manufacturing Center of Excellence.

Collaboration and Partnership to Establish a Pharmaceutical Powerhouse | Pitt County Development Commission

Whenever there is a significant development occurring in Greenville I post it to my Facebook wall. My friends range from California to Florida to Maryland to Massachusetts and everywhere in between. They are very curious as to just what is going on here in Greenville to cause all of this development, when so many other places have nothing going on.

I tell them that there is a very dedicated group of professionals including developers, college officials, hospital administrators, business owners and last but probably the most important, a mayor that is busting his hump to make things happen in this great medium sized city.
Thank you for posting this!

For those that haven't followed the ECU Millennial Campus closely, this development right here is absolutely GIANT news for ECU, Pitt CC, Greenville, and ENC. This is a 700 million dollar pharmaceutical company showing its confidence in ECU's public-private initiative by bringing 500 jobs and a massive training and manufacturing center to Greenville.

To everyone who loves Greenville and ECU like I do, get ready because this is the start of something really, really beautiful. Things like this drive private business big and small to start smelling cash opportunities in Greenville - especially near the ECU campus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 04:34 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,040,450 times
The Brody School of Medicine will probably receive at least temporary funding in Gov. McCrory's budget for the next 2 years.

Gov. McCrory proposes funding for Brody School of Medicine, education

Old 03-04-2015, 01:52 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,002,816 times
From the DR, information about the plazas connecting the downtown parking deck with Evans & 5th Street. Should be finished in a couple of weeks. Just in time for Pirate Fest!

Quote:
While the downtown parking garage has been completed and is open to the public, construction around it continues.

Plazas, which were included in the original design of the $5.1 million garage, are being constructed around the deck.

In conjunction with construction of the Fourth Street Parking Garage, the City Council approved $50,000 to Barnhill Contracting Co. to perform improvements on the north and south walls of what is considered 423 Evans Street.

Common walls were shared by adjoining businesses and were left intact while the internal structure was removed, according to Public Works Director Kevin Mulligan.

The city and Redevelopment Commission recognized that the remaining walls needed work to remove what remained of the old roof system and to repair the remaining brick. A seal coat also will be applied to minimize water intrusion through the brick.

As part of the original plan, access to Fifth Street through an alley would be provided by creating an opening in the south wall of 423 Evans St. The improvement would provide a public connection between the plaza at the garage to Fifth Street.

Another opening in the wall included in plans would open onto a privately owned alley. Before the city can take the wall down at the end of the alley, it needs to secure a public access easement from the current owner allowing ingress and egress by the public. To date, Mulligan said the owner has not agreed to allowing access, so the work being done to the north and south walls will be relegated to reducing the height of a portion of the south wall, removing old concrete and remnants of the old roof system, repainting brick and applying a seal coating on both walls.

At this time, there will not be an opening made in the south wall in the location at the end of the existing alley, Mulligan said.

The installation of brick pavers and concrete sidewalk on the west and south sides of the parking garage, including the adjoining alleys, should be substantially completed in about two weeks, depending on weather, Mulligan said.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:44 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,165 times
why would the owner not want to allow access? I don't get it.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:13 AM

1,070 posts, read 983,453 times
http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/T...295371411.html

If Fitgerald's doesn't get their staff in line there may be yet another bar closure downtown.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:49 PM

3,321 posts, read 5,182,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Two Greenville restaurant employees charged after teen hospitalized for over-consumption of alcohol

If Fitgerald's doesn't get their staff in line there may be yet another bar closure downtown.
Of course the parents are blaming everyone besides themselves. Why aren't you keeping up with your 15 year old. And from what I've seen, he had a good fake. And it sounds like the parents just overreacted.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:50 PM

3,321 posts, read 5,182,656 times

I know this has been discussed before.

https://twitter.com/ncdemography/sta...900480/photo/1

Old 03-09-2015, 01:29 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,040,450 times
That data appears to be fairly old. We were still stuck in the depths of the recession then. I wonder what it looks like today? I know something has gotten better because I saw a bright red Ferrari cruising down 5th St today.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:27 PM

82 posts, read 98,240 times
Not sure how I feel about the sign on the parking garage.
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-image.jpg  

Old 03-09-2015, 10:34 PM

1,070 posts, read 983,453 times
I haven't seen the new sign in person but in the pic it looks pretty standard for a municipal garage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina