U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 06:32 PM

5,417 posts, read 5,405,023 times

Advertisements

I know that this is off topic but I had to share with everyone on the Greenville forum.

I was in line at Aldi Market a little after 5 tonight, when the couple in front of me were trying to check out. The bill was $89.00 and change. His debit card strip would not work & the cashier told him she could not punch the numbers in, that he would have to go to an ATM. The older woman was so upset & asked her husband what they were going to do. A gentleman in the line behind me walked over and paid with his debit card. The woman and man were so thankful and asked how they could pay him back, he said not to worry about it, this was his gift to them.

I just had to write this tonight & if you are reading this sir, you proved there is still kindness in this World and a lot in our little area of Winterville/Greenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 06:13 AM

66 posts, read 237,691 times
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing that kelsie

Old 07-04-2015, 07:35 PM

5,417 posts, read 5,405,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecufootball View Post
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing that kelsie
You are so welcomed!

Wishing everyone a happy, safe 4th of July weekend. kelsie

Old 07-05-2015, 08:27 PM

153 posts, read 186,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Whether Publix officially announces a Kinston store remains to be seen. It may see Kinston differently than Lowe's Foods and Winn Dixie did.
If you've ever been in a Wegman's - you'd forget Publix completely. It's probably one of the coolest upscale grocery stores in the country. Actually, they were rated #1 recently - forget the publication. I sure wish we could get one here. But Publix is a more feasible choice for now since Wegman's isn't yet this far south.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:48 PM

19,986 posts, read 18,977,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecufan View Post
If you've ever been in a Wegman's - you'd forget Publix completely. It's probably one of the coolest upscale grocery stores in the country. Actually, they were rated #1 recently - forget the publication. I sure wish we could get one here. But Publix is a more feasible choice for now since Wegman's isn't yet this far south.
I think Wegman's was named America's Best Supermarket by Consumer Reports.

Wegman's operates approximately 84 stores in six states (Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) as Publix operates 1,104 stores in six states (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee). I do not think Wegman's has the store count to justify southward expansion unless it is highly selective in which markets it operates in and how many stores it wants in a specific market.

I think Publix will continue to grow rapidly across North Carolina.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:28 AM

20 posts, read 21,426 times
Does anyone know what is being built on the corner of Vernon White and Old Tar Rd in Winterville? I dread what that intersection might become if they don't add a stop light.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:34 AM

1,069 posts, read 986,361 times
I've heard it will be the new Jehovas Witnesses place of worship.

edit: it is, just checked OPIS. They own the land.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:20 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,042,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paj0922 View Post
Noticed today that they had put up fencing on memorial near the sheetz across from PCC. Any idea what is going in that location
The sign on the corner states that it will be a small shopping center.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:42 PM

208 posts, read 325,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
The sign on the corner states that it will be a small shopping center.
I saw that too!

Old 07-08-2015, 09:41 PM

19,986 posts, read 18,977,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Wegman's operates approximately 84 stores in six states (Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) as Publix operates 1,104 stores in six states (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee).
Correction:

Publix presently operates 1,103 stores, not 1,104 stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina