U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-21-2015, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Greenville
82 posts, read 98,394 times
Reputation: 43

Advertisements

The AHEC conference center and office building going up at Arlington and 5th.
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-ahec1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-21-2015, 10:55 PM
 
3,287 posts, read 5,437,947 times
Reputation: 1069
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitrinite View Post
The AHEC conference center and office building going up at Arlington and 5th.
While lacking in height, I'm glad to see Greenville gaining more of this particular style of architecture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2015, 08:05 AM
 
109 posts, read 104,132 times
Reputation: 64
Longleaf Brewery coming along on Dickinson Ave.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2015, 09:43 AM
 
109 posts, read 104,132 times
Reputation: 64
Any idea when construction in the warehouse district for the millenial campus will begin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2015, 11:12 AM
 
181 posts, read 185,291 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPirate View Post
Any idea when construction in the warehouse district for the millenial campus will begin?
I haven't seen any indication that they've even seeked bids or contracted out anyone for a design. Wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see any movement on that until Fall of 16.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2015, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Greenville, NC
839 posts, read 1,040,031 times
Reputation: 176
@ Longleaf Brewery - does anyone know if they are going to redo the front of the building or leave it like that for 'historical' reasons. I'm not a historian so mess like that makes me roll my eyes. Those buildings on 5th street that were re-done with the Registrar's Office...would have looked a lot better with a new store front put on them but they are 'historical' I guess...historically ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2015, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Greenville
153 posts, read 186,879 times
Reputation: 87
I actually like historical buildings. They need a little TLC but then they give some character to otherwise semi-modern structures that are bland IMO. I'd bet they'll leave the face in tact and clean / paint it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2015, 02:21 PM
 
2,401 posts, read 3,362,977 times
Reputation: 1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
@ Longleaf Brewery - does anyone know if they are going to redo the front of the building or leave it like that for 'historical' reasons. I'm not a historian so mess like that makes me roll my eyes. Those buildings on 5th street that were re-done with the Registrar's Office...would have looked a lot better with a new store front put on them but they are 'historical' I guess...historically ugly.
I'm sure the building is getting an exterior finish...looks like maybe an outside patio off to the side...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2015, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Winterville
181 posts, read 215,169 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecufan View Post
I actually like historical buildings. They need a little TLC but then they give some character to otherwise semi-modern structures that are bland IMO. I'd bet they'll leave the face in tact and clean / paint it.
I agree. I like the historical look. I think as long as they clean up the surrounding area it would look great and give it a lot of character. The main issue, in my opinion, that makes it look so bad is the terrible quality of the road it's on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2015, 12:14 PM
 
109 posts, read 104,132 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
I agree. I like the historical look. I think as long as they clean up the surrounding area it would look great and give it a lot of character. The main issue, in my opinion, that makes it look so bad is the terrible quality of the road it's on.
I thought that was one of Allen's big initiatives to get Greenville roads repaved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top