U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 06:39 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,041,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratedj View Post
The Daily Reflector

Great news for Greenville
Can you copy and paste a small part of it or give us a synopsis of what the article says. Some of us aren't DR subscribers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 08:30 AM

82 posts, read 98,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Can you copy and paste a small part of it or give us a synopsis of what the article says. Some of us aren't DR subscribers.
"The Greenville metropolitan statistical area garnered yet another accolade by being ranked in the top 10 percent on Forbes.com’s list of “Best Small Places for Business and Careers” for 2015.

The Greenville MSA also recently was ranked in the top 20 percent of all U.S. metros in a list of Leading Locations for 2015 published by AreaDevelopment, an online business trade publication."

Old 08-02-2015, 08:31 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,040,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
It's not a subscriber article. Just click the link.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:28 AM

105 posts, read 181,567 times
Speaking of accolades, Winterville was just ranked the 10th best place for first-time homebuyers in NC. Here>

Old 08-03-2015, 06:35 AM

269 posts, read 348,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Reopened 24 hours later. They just removed all the loose decorative brick and stress-tested the remaining. The second level was kept closed last night, but I don't know how long it'll stay closed. They're planning to redecorate the problem area.
Went last night with a friend. Looked like business as usual.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:50 AM

14 posts, read 17,090 times
Ugh...another Mattress Firm is going into the space beside Chipotle on Greenville Blvd. I was hoping for a good quick casual type restaurant......instead we have another mattress place. What a waste of prime real estate.

Information from the TD Goodwin Facebook page.

In good news though....construction has started on the New Champions gym on Firetower. Will be over 20,000 sf. Can't wait to quite fitness connection.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:54 AM

293 posts, read 270,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate25 View Post
Ugh...another Mattress Firm is going into the space beside Chipotle on Greenville Blvd. I was hoping for a good quick casual type restaurant......instead we have another mattress place. What a waste of prime real estate.

Information from the TD Goodwin Facebook page.

In good news though....construction has started on the New Champions gym on Firetower. Will be over 20,000 sf. Can't wait to quite fitness connection.
FC is so dilapidated, I've always thought a newer gym would be wise to setup shop in close proximity. I don't know if the new Champions is quite close enough to spell the end of FC though. It is very convenient to Tucker and the surrounding rental places. It desperately needs a complete overhaul or rebuild.

Is it in the same-ish location as the charter school? That large area near the fire tower has been a development in waiting for a while, I hope this is the beginning of it.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:35 AM

181 posts, read 214,796 times
I don't know if this has been posted here but Fit for Life Gym is opening a third location in the strip mall by the new Walmart on 10th and Portertown. They already have one off of Evans and another in Apex, NC. I just ran into, I think, the owner last night loading up on flat screens for the new place and he said they're hoping to opening around the 15th of August! The new place is taking up a full three suites, which I think will be over 5000 sq/ft. I've been in their Evan's St location and it was very nice. It should help bring some more good quality traffic to that area.

That will leave only one open suite between the Pizza Hut and Tobacco store. Hopefully they'll be some higher end stand alone restaurants in the open fields closer to Porter Town Rd in the not too distant future. I wonder if they'll expand the current strip to be longer. It looks like they have it prepped to do that but with the Mexican restaraunt having out door seating on the side of the building I doubt they'll be able to connect it to the strip so maybe just a free standing place or another small set of suites.

I'm surprised that more people aren't filling in the strip that I'm in near the Food Lion in the same location. It's not really any harder to get into that parking lot than the other strip and the rent is WAY cheaper with great landlords. Plus since Food Lion's huge investment in remodeling they seem to be doing well. I don't think they've lost that much business compared to what they normally do when Walmart moves in. It seems like there is just more traffic not that it has all been diverted.

I do know that Allstate Insurance is remodeling the suite on the end that was a sweepstakes near Food Lion. Maybe it's just the drive by traffic visibility that creates more traffic to that strip? Either way, with the continued growth, I'm sure both areas will continue to fill up. I think that it's going to be a much more stable commercial area than where the old Walmart is, especially if they do end up closing. It seems like most of Greenville suffers from high commercial turn over unless it is fast food or chain restaurants.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:17 PM

269 posts, read 348,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
FC is so dilapidated, I've always thought a newer gym would be wise to setup shop in close proximity. I don't know if the new Champions is quite close enough to spell the end of FC though. It is very convenient to Tucker and the surrounding rental places. It desperately needs a complete overhaul or rebuild.

Is it in the same-ish location as the charter school? That large area near the fire tower has been a development in waiting for a while, I hope this is the beginning of it.
I've said that a gym with the same amenities as FC and decent customer service would run them out of business. Fitness connection subscribes to the ideology that making it so difficult to cancel your membership so that you end up paying for an extra month will bring more money than being decent to their customers.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:29 PM

11 posts, read 14,263 times
The best fitness gym I have had the opportunity to participate in is Lifetime Fitness. Unbelievable amenities - and of course at a cost - however they are amazing. They tend to be in large cities. I know the Raleigh area has at least 4 or 5 of these. Would love to see one come east.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina