U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2015, 08:47 PM

19,983 posts, read 18,934,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
According to the tax record, they don't own it. The whole shopping center is one parcel.
Incorrect the aforementioned website is indeed. MCBH LSC LLC is listed as the owner of Lynncroft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 09:38 PM

207 posts, read 325,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecufan View Post
I may have missed it - what's being built where the old Auto Brite car wash was close to Best Buy?
An employee from a nearby store told me they heard mattress store but was not 100% sure...

Old 08-24-2015, 11:23 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,165 times
^ I hope that is a joke.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:32 PM

207 posts, read 325,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
^ I hope that is a joke.
SMH! Yeah, you and me both!!!

Old 08-25-2015, 08:26 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,357,134 times
Lowe's Foods likely never had any traction in Greenville because it was an expansion market for them...but only one store. Greenville was filled with Food Lions.

In Wilmington and some along the Coast, Lowe's Foods has more traction, because about 15 years ago, it acquired a number of former Hannaford Stores when they had to sell off. Wilmington has at least 3 Lowe's Foods now.

Not surprising Lowe's Foods would abandon the market with Publix set to come in. If Publix fills that LF spot, then you have to wonder what is going in at the new shopping center at Evans/Firetower?

Old 08-25-2015, 08:39 AM

Default Lowe's Foods #204, Lynncroft, 3160 Evans Street Suite A, Greenville, North Carolina 27834-6935

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Lowe's Foods likely never had any traction in Greenville because it was an expansion market for them...but only one store. Greenville was filled with Food Lions.

In Wilmington and some along the Coast, Lowe's Foods has more traction, because about 15 years ago, it acquired a number of former Hannaford Stores when they had to sell off. Wilmington has at least 3 Lowe's Foods now.

Not surprising Lowe's Foods would abandon the market with Publix set to come in. If Publix fills that LF spot, then you have to wonder what is going in at the new shopping center at Evans/Firetower?
Lowe's Foods has announced expansion into Greenville and Charleston counties in South Carolina:It will be going up against Bi-Lo, Harris Teeter, Ingle's, Publix, and Walmart in those markets.

Lowe's Foods acquired several Hannaford stores with pharmacies. The pharmacy space in these stores were leased to the Medicine Shoppe.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:55 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,039,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
I wonder with the new development at Evans and firetower will another grocery store fill this spot.
It'd be hard enough to fill two 50K sq ft stores, so I don't see this development happening (as planned) without one of them being a grocery.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:32 AM

Default Firetower Evans Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
It'd be hard enough to fill two 50K sq ft stores, so I don't see this development happening (as planned) without one of them being a grocery.
Walmart Neighborhood Market and Harris Teeter stores are already in the trade area. If a new grocer is moving into Greenville, would it be wise to open a new store in the Firetower Evans Development, or would it take over Lowe's Foods #204, make modifications to the store, and reopen quickly?

Old 08-27-2015, 08:58 AM

1,070 posts, read 983,453 times
I don't see Publix opening just 1 store. Harris Teeter has 3 of them and I heard at one point they wanted a 4th.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:47 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,357,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Walmart Neighborhood Market and Harris Teeter stores are already in the trade area. If a new grocer is moving into Greenville, would it be wise to open a new store in the Firetower Evans Development, or would it take over Lowe's Foods #204, make modifications to the store, and reopen quickly?
Take over the Lowe's store...its on G-ville BLVD...that's the better spot overall. I agree that they will look to open multiple stores in a market like Greenville. But where on the East side of town would they go if FL isnt abandoning their locales. I still think there is a market on the west side of town (Hospital area/264) for either HT, Publix or both...

On another note, the Gateway project at ECU has transformed College Hill into a much more pedestrian friendly area, where the kids are all over the place. Unfortunately, the Boundary project downtown still looks a long way from being completed. The kids may be in there, but it is basically still a construction site...and looks to be that way for at least another month. Shame with upcoming football season that the commercial sites aren't ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina