U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 02:42 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,039,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paj0922 View Post
WITN is reporting an Audi facility will be built on the corner on Evans street and Red banks with construction to start in the summer of 2016

A local automotive dealership recently celebrated its golden anniversary.
Joe Pecheles originally opened the doors of Joe Pecheles Motors on July 29, 1965 in Greenville with just 13 employees.
Originally a Volkswagon-only dealership, the business was the first in Greenville to sell import brand vehicles.
The business now serves three cities in eastern North Carolina and includes eight brands of vehicles.
The President of Pecheles Automotive, Brian Pecheles, says the family is "honored to have been part of the greater Greenville and eastern North Carolina community for the past 50 years."
The company also announced a new Audi facility will be built on the corner of Evans Street and Red Banks Road in Greenville. Construction is expected to begin around the summer of 2016.
So, is Morgan Printers and/or the ice skating facility coming down? Or are they using their own lot beside their VW office (which isn't exactly on the corner)? It be nice if they bought that motel and tore it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 08:53 AM

181 posts, read 185,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Drove by the site yesterday...there is a relatively small parking lot (between 4th and 3rd is much bigger) with a huge drainage gully next to it...some very mature trees surrounding the parking lot.

A building there and a hotel across the street would certainly change that end of downtown...I recall the pedestrian plan called for a pedestrian bridge to cross 5th St at the back of the site...if that is built into the project, students could access the building/parking from campus without ever crossing 5th St and it would forever change the 5th St entrance to ECU. Would love to see some renderings by ECU of this.

Hopefully this is brick and mortar talk and not just "plans". Would think this would be done before the "planned" Alumni Center and "planned" Performing Arts Center.
Oh no this one stop shop building is the real deal, and has become a big priority at ECU. You'll see designs for it between now and February, I'd assume construction will probably start next fall or winter.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:50 PM

36 posts, read 53,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
Do anyone know what is going on with the vacant Dunkin Donuts building on Memorial. My children and I noticed the door open today and two work vans.
Talked to a friend/contractor today...said it was going to be another phone place (BoostMobile...was not sure of the name).

Old 10-09-2015, 09:03 PM

36 posts, read 53,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
A.J. McMurphy's went through two renovations, a re-branding, an un-re-branding, and a few ownership changes and is still in business. Is it as good as it originally was, however? Not in my opinion.

Bubba's changed ownership almost a year ago. It's now owned by the same people who own TieBreakers and the new (not yet open) casual restaurant by Honey Baked Ham on Red Banks. I'd like to see Bubba's survive, but an expanded menu would be nice. Moving to a more visible location might help as well.
The restaurant going in by Honey Baked Ham is......The Rick House

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3...=8AQEbJWA2&s=1

Old 10-10-2015, 08:02 PM

29 posts, read 27,936 times
My wife and I went to the new Dickinson Avenue Public House tonight and both enjoyed it. It was only half-way full so we had very quick sitting and service. The food was very good and very decently priced. I think most entrees ranged from $12-$23. The decor is the urban, industrial setting with painted concrete floors, open ceilings, Edison lighting, etc...

I didn't even realize they were open yet. My wife follows them on Facebook so that is how we knew. Maybe once they are settled in, they will advertise a bit to boost their business. Also, once the brewery opens next door, it should help both of them. Either way, I hope they both succeed.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:22 AM

14 posts, read 17,087 times
Went to Tapped650 yesterday on Firetower and it was a very nice setup. Love the craft beer concept and it is something that Greenville desperately needed. I highly recommend checking the place out. It was very relaxing and a nice place to get a drink.

They have 20 beers on tap that are always rotated. you can see what is on tap at www.tapped650.com and it updates every 30 minutes.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:27 PM

181 posts, read 214,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate25 View Post
Went to Tapped650 yesterday on Firetower and it was a very nice setup. Love the craft beer concept and it is something that Greenville desperately needed. I highly recommend checking the place out. It was very relaxing and a nice place to get a drink.

They have 20 beers on tap that are always rotated. you can see what is on tap at www.tapped650.com and it updates every 30 minutes.
Agreed. Tapped is a very friendly and professional environment that lends itself to those looking for quality beer and not the "bar scene". With all the growth and progress Greenville is quickly growing into it's own unique personality and separating itself from it's previous character of high crime, dangerous downtown and nothing to do. I did not like this city at all when I moved here six years ago but recently it is truly becoming a great place to live.

I also look forward to visiting the Dickinson Avenue Public House and the new microbrewery set to open next to them.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:48 AM

3 posts, read 3,398 times
haven't been on here in a year, what are they building across the st from ruby Tuesdays?

Old 10-13-2015, 03:23 PM

223 posts, read 204,001 times
I got mail today for Mayor Allen Thomas' campaign for re-election, but I live in Winterville. Does that mean I can vote for the mayor race in Greenville?

Old 10-13-2015, 07:24 PM

105 posts, read 145,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
I got mail today for Mayor Allen Thomas' campaign for re-election, but I live in Winterville. Does that mean I can vote for the mayor race in Greenville?
Only if you live in the city of Greenville with a Winterville mailing address. I believe Mayor Thomas has a Winterville, NC mailing address, but lives in the city of Greenville. That creates a lot of confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina