U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-14-2015, 06:07 AM
 
105 posts, read 181,543 times
Reputation: 130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
I got mail today for Mayor Allen Thomas' campaign for re-election, but I live in Winterville. Does that mean I can vote for the mayor race in Greenville?
ENC, A great way to see what jurisdiction you live in is to type in your address on Pitt County OPIS: OPIS

1. On the left side of the screen, select "Situs Address"
2. Type in your house number
3. Type in your road name without the suffix (example. rd. St. Ct.)
So if you live at 4817 Old Tar Rd. Just type in "Old Tar" in the road name section.
4. Press search.

Once your property comes up, look on the right side of the screen. You will see a "Municipality" and a "Township". The municipality will tell you what jurisdiction your house is in. If the "municipality" section is blank, then that means you are not part of any city, you are just considered "Pitt County".

The "Township" in North Carolina means pretty much nothing.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-14-2015, 07:03 AM
 
223 posts, read 204,001 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPLANNER View Post
ENC, A great way to see what jurisdiction you live in is to type in your address on Pitt County OPIS: OPIS

1. On the left side of the screen, select "Situs Address"
2. Type in your house number
3. Type in your road name without the suffix (example. rd. St. Ct.)
So if you live at 4817 Old Tar Rd. Just type in "Old Tar" in the road name section.
4. Press search.

Once your property comes up, look on the right side of the screen. You will see a "Municipality" and a "Township". The municipality will tell you what jurisdiction your house is in. If the "municipality" section is blank, then that means you are not part of any city, you are just considered "Pitt County".

The "Township" in North Carolina means pretty much nothing.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks NCPLANNER and according to the OPIS yes my apartment is covered by Greenville Municipality. Looks like I will be helping in getting Allen Thomas reelected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2015, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Greenville
153 posts, read 186,646 times
Reputation: 87
You know, I've been seeing all those signs around town for Donna Whitley for mayor. She's likely a very nice person but for the life of me I don't know how you could vote out Thomas with all he's done for Greenville in such a short time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2015, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Durham, NC
335 posts, read 358,248 times
Reputation: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate25 View Post
Went to Tapped650 yesterday on Firetower and it was a very nice setup. Love the craft beer concept and it is something that Greenville desperately needed. I highly recommend checking the place out. It was very relaxing and a nice place to get a drink.

They have 20 beers on tap that are always rotated. you can see what is on tap at www.tapped650.com and it updates every 30 minutes.
I was in there last Friday. My only complaint would be that it took a couple minutes to be noticed by the staff at the bar. They weren't particularly busy at that time and there were several people behind the bar. Another person had the same issue. She sat down on the far end of the bar and nobody noticed her. She had to flag down an employee who walked past her twice and didn't acknowledge her.

Other than that I thought it was fine. The staff was friendly and the prices were decent. Some of the bottles are a bit more expensive than I am used to but otherwise it was good and I will definitely be back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2015, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Greenville, NC
839 posts, read 1,039,165 times
Reputation: 176
Quote:
You know, I've been seeing all those signs around town for Donna Whitley for mayor. She's likely a very nice person but for the life of me I don't know how you could vote out Thomas with all he's done for Greenville in such a short time.
^This. Not sure why anyone would want to vote him out right now. I see some of the write in arguments in the reflector on why he needs to go & I just shake my head. Same folks who wish Greenville was still as small as Tarboro. I wish they'd just move somewhere else if they hate it her so bad. Life is too short to be so unhappy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2015, 07:24 AM
 
22 posts, read 17,971 times
Reputation: 21
I am new to the area (4 weeks) and I have to say I am really impressed with how the road work on Greenville Blvd north of 10th St is being handled. I can definitely see the progress, yet only once have I seen a partial lane closure. Where I am coming from in Kansas, they would have shut down that part of the road for months with little to no progress. Kudos to Greenville DOT or whoever manages the roadwork!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2015, 08:58 AM
 
223 posts, read 204,001 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcf07 View Post
I am new to the area (4 weeks) and I have to say I am really impressed with how the road work on Greenville Blvd north of 10th St is being handled. I can definitely see the progress, yet only once have I seen a partial lane closure. Where I am coming from in Kansas, they would have shut down that part of the road for months with little to no progress. Kudos to Greenville DOT or whoever manages the roadwork!
Actually in the state of North Carolina all state roads construction and maintenance are handle by NCDOT (North Carolina Deparment of Transportation) which is a state entity, unlike other states that do it by county or city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2015, 09:36 AM
 
1,672 posts, read 2,039,592 times
Reputation: 1074
Groundbreaking ceremony for new PCC center Thursday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2015, 09:51 AM
 
7 posts, read 6,546 times
Reputation: 14
Default Donna Whitley for Mayor

Allen has accomplished certain things as Mayor, but the redirection of funding away from sidewalks, parks, and other quality of life amenities in our City detracts interest from major employers considering locating in Greenville. Quality of life is everything and this City truly lacks some of the essential elements of a great, urban quality of life. Donna will change this drastically. Donna is very pro growth, very pro development, but, like me, would prefer the expansion of skilled, well paying jobs versus the expansion and take over of Walmart in our City. Quality of life creates jobs, its proven throughout this country, so maybe it's time we start investing heavily in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2015, 11:27 AM
 
293 posts, read 270,529 times
Reputation: 64
I've seen the Walmart thing mentioned several times now, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything? Is the Mayor choosing Walmart over other businesses that would deliver well paying jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top