U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 10:49 AM

839 posts, read 1,040,413 times

Advertisements

^ I don't know how much they are asking for those spots - but they certainly seem like a good location for a lot of businesses, basically built in customers at your door for 3/4 of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 11:16 AM

1,069 posts, read 986,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Trying to remember history, wasn't there an apartment building on Reade Circle where the Bankruptcy Courthouse is now called Captains Quarters?
That was called Campus Point. As opposed to Campus Pointe, which is what the one between Dickey's and Best Western was (is?) named.

edit: it sounds familiar to me too. I googled the name and came up with an apartment building on 12th street. I think it must be down behind the Domino's Pizza?

edit2: No it's the one across Charles Blvd from the old East Coast Music store! Ha, someone definitely didn't do their homework on that name.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:34 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,043,456 times
ECU breaks ground on $122.2 million student center, parking garage

Old 11-21-2015, 06:13 AM

4,663 posts, read 3,059,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Not to take away from the news, but it never ceases to amaze me how much p--- and vinegar most of the WITN commenters seem to have on just about every article I read. I'm not saying there isn't a valid point here and there, but overall if they hate it there so much, why don't they just leave if possible? Hell, the area I'm currently in is a P.O.S. but at least I'm getting my s--- together so I can leave next year.

Apologies for the rant, had to get that off my chest. Congrats to ECU!

Old 11-21-2015, 07:42 AM

19,988 posts, read 18,983,271 times
Default Academy Sports and Outdoors, Carolina East Center, 3408 South Memorial Drive, Greenville, North Carolina 27834-2604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I agree. I would expect Academy Sports and Outdoors to expand further across North Carolina very soon.
Academy Sports and Outdoors will be joining Hobby Lobby on the redeveloped Carolina East Center site.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:38 AM

839 posts, read 1,040,413 times
You have to wonder how many sports / outdoor stores Greenville can support? Dunham's maybe the first to go. THey have some decent prices on their stuff though.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:23 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,364,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Note that the Dowdy Student Store will be moving to this building from its current location...should be easier to access than where it is now and likely bigger.

As for Academy Sports and Outdoors...only 3 of those currently in NC, only in the Charlotte/Hickory area.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:26 AM

294 posts, read 271,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Not to take away from the news, but it never ceases to amaze me how much p--- and vinegar most of the WITN commenters seem to have on just about every article I read. I'm not saying there isn't a valid point here and there, but overall if they hate it there so much, why don't they just leave if possible? Hell, the area I'm currently in is a P.O.S. but at least I'm getting my s--- together so I can leave next year.

No, I get it. There is a whole lot of ignorant in those comments. Its bares repeating, the transformation of this area and into uptwon is just incredible. the 2010-2020 decade is one for the ages in Greenville and who knows what's next!

Old 11-23-2015, 07:28 PM

1,964 posts, read 2,557,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post

You live in Danville, VA.. Why are you objecting to people voicing their opinions to a policy that is actually affecting them??

Old 11-23-2015, 11:42 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,043,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
You live in Danville, VA.. Why are you objecting to people voicing their opinions to a policy that is actually affecting them??
Have you ever read the comments on any story on their website? They've got a regular crowd of anonymous commenters, and they're ridiculously juvenile in how they express themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina