U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 03:55 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,041,037 times

Advertisements

I presume that some of you have seen my comments there from time to time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 06:04 AM

4,628 posts, read 3,035,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
You live in Danville, VA.. Why are you objecting to people voicing their opinions to a policy that is actually affecting them??
I don't object to people voicing their opinions. But like Phil A. Delphia said, it usually gets so juvenile to the point of trolling. For example, there could be a headline that reads "Cure for Cancer Discovered" and I guarantee there'll be comments about "Obummer", "Obozo", "McCrony", or "Repugnants". FYI, I grew up in eastern NC. I lived in Wayne County most of my life until I left NC in 2009 due to a family member in VA that had cancer. I've spent a lot of time in Wilson and been to Greenville a few times (grandmother used to work there). I try to keep up with what goes on down there, especially since I'll be moving back to NC sometime next year if all goes well.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:20 AM

109 posts, read 103,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I presume that some of you have seen my comments there from time to time?
Why don't you move back to Maryland if you dislike it so much?

Old 11-24-2015, 10:42 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,268 times
I'm starting to wonder what's worse: an empty retail store front on Greenville Blvd...or a Mattress Store.

I kid, but really - they could almost have their own little area in town like the car dealerships do there are so many now on that one strip.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:07 AM

19,986 posts, read 18,940,630 times
Default Academy Sports and Outdoors, Carolina East Center, 3408 South Memorial Drive, Greenville, North Carolina 27834-260

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
You have to wonder how many sports / outdoor stores Greenville can support? Dunham's maybe the first to go. They have some decent prices on their stuff though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
As for Academy Sports and Outdoors...only 3 of those currently in NC, only in the Charlotte/Hickory area.
It appears Academy Sports and Outdoors is expanding further in North Carolina.

Dunham's Sports has stores located in cities where Dick's Sporting Goods does not have a presence yet. It is similar to Academy Sports and Outdoors.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:19 AM

1,070 posts, read 983,869 times
There's a "VistGreenvilleSC.com" billboard on one of the rotating signs on 11, as you come in from Winterville. Out by Sam's club. Interesting sign to be running here.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:54 AM

137 posts, read 140,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPirate View Post
Why don't you move back to Maryland if you dislike it so much?
I grew up and have spent a large part of my life in eastern North Carolina and all of it somewhere in NC and your comment is about as offensive as many of the ones found on WITN's website. Why the animosity?

Old 11-24-2015, 10:36 PM

3,285 posts, read 5,433,764 times
Let's do our best to remain on topic guys, though I created this thread unfortunately I can't administer it though I'm sure a lovely admin probably would if this continues.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:08 PM

1,964 posts, read 2,553,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
I don't object to people voicing their opinions. But like Phil A. Delphia said, it usually gets so juvenile to the point of trolling. For example, there could be a headline that reads "Cure for Cancer Discovered" and I guarantee there'll be comments about "Obummer", "Obozo", "McCrony", or "Repugnants". FYI, I grew up in eastern NC. I lived in Wayne County most of my life until I left NC in 2009 due to a family member in VA that had cancer. I've spent a lot of time in Wilson and been to Greenville a few times (grandmother used to work there). I try to keep up with what goes on down there, especially since I'll be moving back to NC sometime next year if all goes well.
The article was about a student center that that the students' tuition will have to pay for. Some of the students and parents object to this. Some of them also object to their tuition money going to fund portions of that student center supporting causes they do not support.. Whether I agree with them or not, that is their right and in my opinion not juvenile but responsible.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:14 PM

105 posts, read 145,595 times
Back on topic of this thread, the new Unity Free Will Baptist church on NC 43 south of Bell's Fork is almost ready for occupancy. It's taken a good while for construction, but the wait was worth it for the members. It's a beautiful church. I wish I had a picture to post for others to see. Maybe someone else can post a picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina