U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2016, 07:41 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,006,211 times

Advertisements

Followup article from the DR states the following:

Quote:
The 49,000-square-foot grocery store is expected to open in 2017, Brody said.

“Greenville itself is an attractive market to a company like Publix, and the location is ideal,” he said. ”It’s a heavily trafficked area, it’s located across the street from the mall, and there isn’t a big grocery store presence in that area.

“It’s a win-win for everyone,” Brody said.

Brody said BrodyCo plans to renovate the shopping center with a new facade, parking lot, lighting and landscaping.

“We will be demolishing the Kmart building and several others,” he said. ”We are going to bring a much more modern look to this project.
Looks like an extensive remodel for much of the center will happen. That's great news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 07:49 AM

181 posts, read 185,519 times
Truly great news. Perhaps we may be able to look forward to a little bit of roadwork on the Blvd in that area too?

That's probably wishful thinking.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:02 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,366,899 times
Sounds to me like this won't be the only Publix in the Greenville area.

I agree that this is an ideal place for Publix...crossroads of 3 major roads....right next to ECU athletic complexes.

Will be great to see what else comes to that center to follow Publix.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:15 AM

839 posts, read 1,040,892 times
I don't know if Brody o owns the other businesses in that lot like the old final score restaurant and the spot where the guy washes and details cars now but it would be nice to tear down that old final score building and maybe the building beside it that I can't remember what it is.

Regardless this is a huge improvement for this area, one that was really on the decline well before Kmart closed. Kmart closing was the best thing for that shopping area.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:40 AM

19,990 posts, read 18,995,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Sounds to me like this won't be the only Publix in the Greenville area.
Publix can easily operate at least two stores in Pitt County. Winterville and East Tenth Street/North Carolina 33 East could be possibilities for additional stores.

I would be curious to know the specific supermarket store count in Pitt County. I think Food Lion has ten stores, Harris Teeter has three stores, Walmart Neighborhood Market has three stores, and Piggly Wiggly has one store. Kroger, Lowe's Foods, Winn-Dixie appeared to have one store each prior to their departures. Walmart has three Supercenter hypermarket stores and one Sam's Club wholesale club, and recently closed one Express store.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:02 AM

294 posts, read 271,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratePanther189 View Post
Truly great news. Perhaps we may be able to look forward to a little bit of roadwork on the Blvd in that area too?

I wish they would remove the stop light in front of the mall. Make that entrance right in, right out on both sides and put in a nice median.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:13 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,366,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Publix can easily operate at least two stores in Pitt County. Winterville and East Tenth Street/North Carolina 33 East could be possibilities for additional stores.

I would be curious to know the specific supermarket store count in Pitt County. I think Food Lion has ten stores, Harris Teeter has three stores, Walmart Neighborhood Market has three stores, and Piggly Wiggly has one store. Kroger, Lowe's Foods, Winn-Dixie appeared to have one store each prior to their departures. Walmart has three Supercenter hypermarket stores and one Sam's Club wholesale club, and recently closed one Express store.
Ayden, Grifton and Farmville all have a Piggly Wiggly. There is a Sav-A-Lot on Dickinson that opened not too long ago.

Plus Fresh Market.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:22 AM

19,990 posts, read 18,995,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Ayden, Grifton and Farmville all have a Piggly Wiggly. There is a Sav-A-Lot on Dickinson that opened not too long ago.

Plus Fresh Market.
Aldi (limited assortment), Save-A-Lot (limited assortment), and The Fresh Market (specialty gourmet) are food retailers not counted as supermarkets. Lidl, another limited assortment grocer, should open by 2018.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:33 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,044,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Aldi (limited assortment), Save-A-Lot (limited assortment), and The Fresh Market (specialty gourmet) are food retailers not counted as supermarkets. Lidl, another limited assortment grocer, should open by 2018.
Tropicana Supermarket, directly across the street from the airport.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:58 PM

4,674 posts, read 3,065,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratePanther189 View Post

The last time I drove on Greenville Boulevard was back in 2009 and traffic was terrible even then. I can only imagine what it's going to be like once that shopping center gets redone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina