U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 11:15 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,749 times

Advertisements

Here we go again with the Discussions of the ECU Chancellors residence, sigh.

- Daily Reflector
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 12:58 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,004,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post

- Daily Reflector
I do think a more updated residence should be considered for the Chancellor. The article said over 100 events are hosted at the Chancellor's home. 2 events a week inside a house that really wasn't built for those types of events. I'm sure many of those events are used to butter up high level donors, so having a nice space for that would probably be a good thing.

Now, they probably don't need to have all these committees. This probably could have been taken care of much faster, but such is the way of many universities and large corporations.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:17 PM

269 posts, read 348,768 times
A humorousn and relatable article out of Hampton Roads....

Why are there SO MANY mattress stores — and how do they stay in business? | WTKR.com

Old 03-16-2016, 04:38 PM

1,069 posts, read 985,225 times
Raleigh forum has had a thread about it for awhile too. It's an epidemic.

I noticed recently if you are sitting in the northbound lanes of Evans at the intersection with Greenville Blvd, you can look one direction and see the word "mattress" four times from three different stores/ads.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:43 PM

181 posts, read 185,204 times
Quote:

- Daily Reflector
Well they already bought all that property so they damn well better do something with it at this point.

But you're still right.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:44 PM

16 posts, read 21,491 times
I noticed today some activity around the Walmart market on Fire tower near the carmike cinema any idea as to what is going on here. I also noticed stakes have been placed on the new Parkers bbq location near this location as well today.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:50 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,749 times
I saw a few days ago that the rumored indoor Putt Putt place on 10th street beside the pawn shop has put a name up on the building. Guess it's getting close to opening...not much has been said about it. Should be another nice alternative of indoor things to do with children if it is done nicely.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:14 AM

181 posts, read 215,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paj0922 View Post
I noticed today some activity around the Walmart market on Fire tower near the carmike cinema any idea as to what is going on here. I also noticed stakes have been placed on the new Parkers bbq location near this location as well today.
I was just going to ask the same thing.

Also, I don't remember if I already said this but Chipotle, Sport Cuts and Starbucks on Memorial are now open.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:34 PM

1,069 posts, read 985,225 times
Quote:
I saw a few days ago that the rumored indoor Putt Putt place on 10th street beside the pawn shop has put a name up on the building. Guess it's getting close to opening...not much has been said about it. Should be another nice alternative of indoor things to do with children if it is done nicely.
When I was a little kid there was putt-putt on that parcel I think. Somewhere near there. The original Putt-Putt.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:53 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,041,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
When I was a little kid there was putt-putt on that parcel I think. Somewhere near there. The original Putt-Putt.
I think it was where the DQ is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina