U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 12:12 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,039,592 times

Advertisements

Hobby Lobby opens in Greenville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 05:41 PM

4,624 posts, read 3,032,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Greenville REALLY needs to add the blinking red/yellow traffic light at night. There is nothing more frustrating than having to stop at one of those 6 stoplights on Stantonsburg at 10pm, with almost zero traffic around.
Having driven on Stantonsburg Road at 1:00 AM coming from Vidant last September, I agree! I hit a couple of reds on Stantonsburg and it was a ghost town. One of those lights took a while to change. I can't remember which one it was, though.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:49 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,039,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
I assume alcohol has been the issue (along with potential scheduling conflicts) for using Clark Leclair. Most minor league teams start the season in April and it could cause scheduling issues between ECU and the Minor league team. Luckily the CPL usually starts in late May after the college postseason is almost complete. With ECU starting to use Minges for more civic events, I could see them being warm to the idea of hosting the minor league team for a season or two. Split gate & concessions & parking with the cpl team...tuck a "beer garden" in a corner and stop sales pretty early if they have a problem with the alcohol...and Greenville has their own baseball team.
Wasn't looking to extend this topic, but I came across this article while I was reading Baseball America:

Some Stadiums Pull Double Duty - BaseballAmerica.com

Old 05-13-2016, 10:07 PM

153 posts, read 186,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Time will tell, but I think it's far enough down 10th to not make a huge impact. I"m sure the light can be adjusted to make sure it gets the cars and people safely out to 10th street fairly quickly. (I'm sure they could account for peak times) That 10th street corridor between Ollie's/Walgreens and the student apartments is a death trap. There should be all sorts of median barriers and right-turn only entrances and exits at most of the businesses in that stretch.
Let's hope so. I drive it every single day and traffic already crawls through this area. I agree there should be median barriers preventing some turns. Trust me - I've been the victim of an accident that did $8000 damage when a student pulled out of CB and broadsided me. I want some relief in this area. Unfortunate that the city didn't track the growth in this area and possibly curb the types of building they allowed. Not sure that those huge student housing areas needed to be so closely located to one of the worst intersections in the city.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:56 AM

207 posts, read 325,018 times
Another mattress store opening between Starbucks and Chipotle; the new building across from Pitt Community College.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:38 AM

112 posts, read 102,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
Another mattress store opening between Starbucks and Chipotle; the new building across from Pitt Community College.
This is getting absolutely ridiculous... There are 5, FIVE!!! mattress stores right in the Evans/Greenville Blvd intersection area. Can the city not do anything about this? They are eating up valuable lots.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:49 AM

Might as well slap an IKEA in Greenville and get it over with.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:56 AM

NCDOT has agreed to put up a traffic light at the intersection of Copper Beech Way and 10th Street. The traffic light will go up in 8 weeks. NCDOT is paying for it.

Stoplight at busy entrance of Greenville townhomes goes up in 8 weeks

Old 05-17-2016, 03:43 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,040,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty Drummer View Post
This is getting absolutely ridiculous... There are 5, FIVE!!! mattress stores right in the Evans/Greenville Blvd intersection area. Can the city not do anything about this? They are eating up valuable lots.
Don't worry, more than half of them will be gone in a few years. A mattress store is like an antique shop. Any given area can only support so many, and the rest close.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:30 AM

181 posts, read 185,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Might as well slap an IKEA in Greenville and get it over with.
That would honestly be a cash cow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina