U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 10:03 AM

1,069 posts, read 985,225 times

Advertisements

I have not seen this mentioned here. I just got a promotional email saying Jefferson's is moving to 9th street in "Dickinson Avenue Arts District" and Coastal Fog is taking over the rest of their current space.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 11:11 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,749 times
^ that is a good business for the Dickinson Ave. area & once that area gets up & going, will be good for Jeffersons too.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:35 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,004,031 times
Wow. That's big news, IMO.

This is what it looks like now.

That will be a big improvement, and maybe the start of officially forming the art district!

Old 05-17-2016, 12:02 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,041,419 times
They've been doing renovations on that building (formerly Greenville Produce wholesaler) for months. They've already built a deck out back and have removed all the old glass, while keeping the iron frames. Lots of work has been done internally as well.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:28 PM

181 posts, read 185,204 times
Wow. That's really fantastic news!! Great choice for that building, and it'll draw residents to the area as Jefferson's is a staple of Greenville's older crowd

Old 05-17-2016, 06:33 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,360,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
It appears the acquisition phase of the GTAC is complete....all 4 structures affected have been boarded up and asbestos siding has been removed at one property. Looks like demolition will be the next step.

And on the Pugh site, deconstruction of some of the buildings is underway and a "we are moving" sign is up.

Clearing for these two projects should further the momentum in the Uptown area....will be interesting to see if more clearing will occur on ECU's Millenial Campus site.
The houses on Clark St have now come down...the buildings on Pitt St remain for now....and lots of construction is ongoing on the Greco Restaurant Equip building, which is across the street from the Go Science building.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:34 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,041,419 times
Default Re: Jefferson's

I must admit, though, while I'm strolling around downtown I'm gonna miss the music playing 24/7 at the corner of 4th & Evans.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:46 AM

137 posts, read 140,905 times
It's great that there are a number of projects in the works for the Dickinson Avenue Arts District, but I've heard nothing from the city about the street and infrastructure realignment that was a major recommendation in the Dickinson Avenue Corridor study released in November of 2014. That recommendation seemed like a key proposal of the study. Will it be done? If so, when? If not, why does the city spend lots of money on studies like these and then just ignore them? If, in fact, there is work going on to realign the streets and infrastructure, why not keep the public informed of the progress being made?

Old 05-18-2016, 07:34 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,004,031 times
GoingLocal,

I agree. I was in Greenville a couple of weeks ago, and I did ride through the Dickinson area and a couple of side streets. Tons of crumbling roads and pot holes. I'm not sure if the city is waiting on the state for the 10th street connector to "do it all at one time". (I know Dickinson is technically a state road) I'm sure they are planning this all out, but I'd love to get an update every few months about it.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:47 AM

293 posts, read 271,060 times
With regard to Dickenson's condition there is a plan to resurface and upgrade the streetscape. I do believe it will require state funding or at least that was the original intention. That funding has not come through so they are pursuing other avenues while continuing to beseech the folks in Raleigh for assistance. I think that will really be the trans-formative project for Dickinson.

Edit to add some references: http://www.greenvillenc.gov/home/showdocument?id=8074

This is from 2012 but I had not seen it prior, thank you Google: http://www.ctcbrownfields.com/greenv...bacco_Plan.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina