U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 11:46 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,006,211 times

Advertisements

Man, I feel like we've broken so many stories about new restaurants on this forum. Bad thing is that it takes the DR 3-4 weeks to put it out on Hot Dish now.

Whatever they do with the imperial site, I just hope they can incorporate some green space in this dickinson ave corridor. I'd love to see a park/amphitheater area similar to the Midtown park in North Hills.

3-5 story mixed use buildings surrounding a park area like this would be really cool and would be in use quite a bit..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 01:42 PM

153 posts, read 187,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Love this approach. The roundabout at Portertown and Firetower has worked extremely well and improved traffic flow dramatically despite my concerns that folks would be able to use it properly. I really like these vs. traffic lights.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:35 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,044,487 times
Saw this tidbit from a mod regarding a request for a Fayetteville only forum. Keep up the great work, Greenville folks!

Quote:
I dont know magic number of threads, but I do know forum traffic helps tremendously. So basically create good threads and*stay active.
Im going to offer tips for some things to ponder on.
Have thread titles that are clear and spelled correctly.
Here some suggestions
Create a Fayetteville area chat thread, Fayetteville area relocation thread, Picture thread, foodie thread, holiday thread, crime thread, or a development thread. (Greenville has the largest thread of all NC forums, it has been running for seven years and still active).*
Create threads of interesting places, shocking or unfamiliar history, etc.

As City-Data has grown for ten years maybe a forum like this could happen. I always feel for those who participate or relocate to the Sandhills or Foothills as the state forum is basically shared.
Good luck.*

Old 07-07-2016, 07:41 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,006,211 times
Academy Sports coming to Greenville

Academy Sports is coming to Greenville

Last edited by michealbond; 07-07-2016 at 08:18 PM..

Old 07-08-2016, 05:01 PM

181 posts, read 185,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecufan View Post
Love this approach. The roundabout at Portertown and Firetower has worked extremely well and improved traffic flow dramatically despite my concerns that folks would be able to use it properly. I really like these vs. traffic lights.
Yeah it really has been a huge success. And it actually adds to the character of the area too IMO

Old 07-09-2016, 11:21 AM

82 posts, read 98,481 times
Progress on the building in Indigreen Corporate Park off of Sugg Parkway. It was mentioned what would be here several pages back, I don't remember off the top of my head. I believe it is the expansion of Metrics/Mayne Pharma. I know they were planning on expanding.
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-image.jpeg  

Old 07-10-2016, 05:33 AM

137 posts, read 141,087 times
Default Is the New Downtown Hotel/Alumni Center About to be Announced?

Plans and a rendering for the new downtown hotel and alumni center are on the agenda for the ECU Board of Trustees meeting for July 14-15. Unless there are changes to be made as a result of the meeting, this project should finally be moving forward. I would post the image of the building, but I'm not sure if it is copyrighted. However, you can see the image and the plans starting on page 15 of this document.

The building will face Reade Street and is located on the corner of Reade and Fourth.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:20 AM

112 posts, read 103,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingLocal View Post
Plans and a rendering for the new downtown hotel and alumni center are on the agenda for the ECU Board of Trustees meeting for July 14-15. Unless there are changes to be made as a result of the meeting, this project should finally be moving forward. I would post the image of the building, but I'm not sure if it is copyrighted. However, you can see the image and the plans starting on page 15 of this document.

The building will face Reade Street and is located on the corner of Reade and Fourth.
Woah, that hotel looks fantastic!

Old 07-10-2016, 05:23 PM

181 posts, read 185,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingLocal View Post

To put it lightly...HOLY SH*T

Old 07-10-2016, 08:12 PM

66 posts, read 237,829 times
That looks great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina