U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 06:46 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,749 times

Advertisements

Hotel looks fantastic, the rooftop set up is really nice. I'm assuming looking at this, that damn historical house next door will just stay there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 07:02 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,004,031 times
Talk about a game changer!! Probably the start of transforming the rest of Reade to 1st street by ECU. This thing is coming together! It will really make the Sup Dogs/Stop Shop look terribly old & dated once completed. Surprised that corner hasn't gone up for sale yet.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:04 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,360,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Hotel looks fantastic, the rooftop set up is really nice. I'm assuming looking at this, that damn historical house next door will just stay there?
Nothing wrong with that. With the old Attic renovated for ECU office space, this Alumni Center/Hotel and the Greenville Visitor's Center all surrounding that old house, it will raise the value of it. I actually like how there are a few historic houses in downtown Greenville left. They add some character to the new buildings being added. In Wilmington, the old houses are rented for events, such as weddings/conferences and their grounds are filled with gardens. Why not have that in Greenville? Right now, the Chamber of Commerce uses one and the State Historic Preservation Office used another (not sure if they still do).

Would like to see the timeframe of the hotel construction.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:04 AM

109 posts, read 104,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Talk about a game changer!! Probably the start of transforming the rest of Reade to 1st street by ECU. This thing is coming together! It will really make the Sup Dogs/Stop Shop look terribly old & dated once completed. Surprised that corner hasn't gone up for sale yet.
Yeah, wish Sup Dogs would just take some retail at the bottom of the new hotel and tear down that corner.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:23 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,360,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPirate View Post
Yeah, wish Sup Dogs would just take some retail at the bottom of the new hotel and tear down that corner.
Sup Dogs could just move to the corner commercial space at the Boundary. Surprised still nothing in that commercial space.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:42 AM

I seriously doubt once the hotel goes in & the ECU Student Services building goes up that the Stop Shop / Sup Dogs will last long in it's current state.

That will be a very valuable corner with all that development around it, the owners will be silly not to sell it or redevelop it into a nicer building. They could utilize the wasted parking lot space into added retail space.

Quote:
Sup Dogs could just move to the corner commercial space at the Boundary. Surprised still nothing in that commercial space.
I too have been surprised there are no tenants yet. The lease prices must be high or the lack of parking must be a deterrent, the only real close parking I guess would be the BB&T parking lot & they control that lot like Hilter. Guess you have to park over near Chicos or the Parking Deck & walk...which isn't a big deal but hard to get some Greenville folks use to doing that.

Last edited by jpirate; 07-11-2016 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: f

Old 07-11-2016, 08:31 AM

109 posts, read 104,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I seriously doubt once the hotel goes in & the ECU Student Services building goes up that the Stop Shop / Sup Dogs will last long in it's current state.

That will be a very valuable corner with all that development around it, the owners will be silly not to sell it or redevelop it into a nicer building. They could utilize the wasted parking lot space into added retail space.

I too have been surprised there are no tenants yet. The lease prices must be high or the lack of parking must be a deterrent, the only real close parking I guess would be the BB&T parking lot & they control that lot like Hilter. Guess you have to park over near Chicos or the Parking Deck & walk...which isn't a big deal but hard to get some Greenville folks use to doing that.
The Boundary has its own parking deck though

Old 07-11-2016, 08:36 AM

224 posts, read 204,334 times
I been thinking. Once they finish the 10th St. Connector I think they should re-route NC-33 through Greenville via Stantonsburg Rd./10th Street. Have NC 33 come down on the 264 Bypass insted of up an then just route it from the Stantonburg exit. That way you have a NC route that connects the hospital, Uptown, and ECU.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:41 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,004,031 times
I think Sup Dogs spent a lot of money on that patio & a new place in Chapel Hill. I don't know if they want to move unless they absolutely have to.

My vision would be to tear down that corner and build a 2-3 story building with the Stop Shop & another office or retail space on the 1st floor. 2nd floor could hold offices or lofts. top floor would hold a bar/lounge and/or Sup Dogs with a rooftop patio. You could easily squeeze 4-6 businesses in that corner into a multi-story building.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
The Boundary has its own parking deck though
I was under the thinking that deck was only for residents..can other people use it when they finally get businesses there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina