U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 01:23 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,006,211 times

Advertisements

Mural coming to Dickinson Ave.

Quote:
GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – A new mural is coming to Greenville and visual and graphic artists are invited to pitch their ideas.

The Pitt County Arts Council at Emerge and NC Brewing Ventures, LLC, invite artists located in eastern North Carolina to create original designs for the 718 Dickinson Avenue Mural Project.

Artists may submit original designs that the chosen artist will paint on the side wall of 718 Dickinson Avenue, Greenville, NC 27858. Scaffolding will be provided. The artist/group must supply their own paint and materials.

One artist, or group, will be chosen and will receive a $3,000 honorarium to complete the mural.

The Pitt County Arts Council will manage the application and review process and will coordinate the selection panel.

NC Brewing Ventures, LLC will manage the payment process and the supervision of the implementation by the artist.

The application deadline is July 23, 2016 at 4:00pm, or postmarked by this date.

Click here to download the application.
http://wnct.com/2016/07/18/artist-pr...mural-project/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 04:11 PM

153 posts, read 187,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratePanther189 View Post
LOL too late on that one, unfortunately. Did you guys not..realize what the 10th St. Connector was?
My comments have nothing to do with the connector. I was referencing adding any further traffic by rerouting 33 through 10th street. I've long since accepted additional traffic brought by the connector but it creates a straight shot through to the medical district. Four lanes at that. So it brings value. rerouting 33 does none of that.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:51 PM

181 posts, read 185,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecufan View Post
My comments have nothing to do with the connector. I was referencing adding any further traffic by rerouting 33 through 10th street. I've long since accepted additional traffic brought by the connector but it creates a straight shot through to the medical district. Four lanes at that. So it brings value. rerouting 33 does none of that.
I'm with you now, and I agree. Sorry for misreading

Old 07-18-2016, 09:57 PM

1,070 posts, read 987,605 times
I doubt many people take 33 through town so it's kind of moot. What would be the point? Unless you live in Tarboro and work at PCS Phosphate or something. Even then you'd be better off taking 264 to Washington.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:03 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,366,899 times
Work is continuing on the back of the old theater downtown. Working on the roof and rear exterior.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:04 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,006,211 times
Older article about the approval of the mixed use student housing on 10th street.

Uptown Greenville | Permit granted for MXU student housing

Slightly interesting tidbit that may have been missed about the Dickinson/Reade St. development.

Quote:
The board also unanimously approved a request from a Baltimore-based development group that is planning to construct a $32 million mixed-use development at the corner of Dickinson Avenue and Reade Circle.

The Sidewalk Development Group asked the board to amend a special-use permit the board approved in January to operate a dormitory development, which is defined as a building or group of buildings that provide group sleeping accommodations with or without meals in one group or a series of closely associated rooms under joint occupancy.

The development group requested the amendment to allow additional units at the mixed-use development, which will include a market rate apartment complex, a student housing project and 20,000 square feet of retail, restaurant and office space.

The original plans for the development called for a 40-unit market rate apartment complex and a 90-unit student housing project. The development group now is planning to add an additional 20 market rate units. The development will accommodate about 400 residents after it is constructed.

Construction of the Sidewalk Development project is scheduled to begin sometime in the fall.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:14 AM

3,323 posts, read 5,192,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Older article about the approval of the mixed use student housing on 10th street.

Uptown Greenville | Permit granted for MXU student housing

Slightly interesting tidbit that may have been missed about the Dickinson/Reade St. development.
Additional market-rate apartments are a good sign for the demand. Very good news!

Old 07-19-2016, 08:24 AM

3,323 posts, read 5,192,469 times
So CSX is building their Intermodal terminal in Edgecombe County.

Greenville has a connection to this via the North-South CSX line. I wonder if CSX/NCDOT will extend this line to Kinston/GTP, to create a third connection.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:30 AM

1,674 posts, read 2,044,487 times
Construction on the Hwy 11/264 Southwest extension project begins next week.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:05 PM

4,673 posts, read 3,065,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
So CSX is building their Intermodal terminal in Edgecombe County.

Greenville has a connection to this via the North-South CSX line. I wonder if CSX/NCDOT will extend this line to Kinston/GTP, to create a third connection.
I would hope so. But even if the line was extended from the GTP to connect to the line that goes through Greenville, it's full potential won't be met until the railroad gets (hopefully) extended from Parmele to the existing railroad in Kelford, which goes to the Port of Virginia in Norfolk, giving the GTP rail access to one of the biggest ports on the East Coast. There's a lot of potential in eastern NC. It's just a matter of being able to capitalize on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina