U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2016, 02:49 PM

839 posts, read 1,039,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Lidl Supermarkets is coming to Greenville. The location will be next to the Arby's on Firetower Rd.

Lidl opening new supermarket location in Greenville
Can I get a discount if I wear my lidenhosen while I shop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 10:32 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,041,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
north of the river is not the place to go
Yeah, my recommendation about converting the ECU recreational facility was mostly sarcasm - what a bust!

It's a good example of not buying 100% of everything planned. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:37 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,004,031 times
From WITN:

Quote:
A long-time shopping center in Greenville is being demolished to make way for a popular grocery chain.

Work to remove the out-buildings at the Greenville Square Shopping Center along Arlington Boulevard, began this week.

Officials with the developer Brody Co. say the former K-Mart space will be demolished in the near future to make way for a Publix.

They also say the rest of the shopping center, including businesses like Office Depot and Pizza Hut, will remain open, but will receive renovations over the next year.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:01 AM

112 posts, read 103,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
CommunitySmith plans to remodel the theater and rent it to an established private operator, Raleigh-based Lincoln Theater. The theater will be designed as a flexible performance theater capable of accommodating various sizes of crowds, music, events and public uses.
Earlier this year, the city and CommunitySmith signed a letter of intent to begin the partnership for work on the theater. Under the agreement, CommunitySmith will spend a minimum of $1 million on the project.
This is HUGE news for Greenville!!! It's about time the music scene comes back here.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:17 AM

1,674 posts, read 2,041,419 times
Vision 2020: Transportation improvements pave way for growth - Daily Reflector

Old 08-07-2016, 10:10 PM

112 posts, read 103,014 times
A new club called "The Way" is going in the old Uptown Saloon building. There is also paper over Fitzgeralds windows which could mean work is happening inside.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:01 AM

293 posts, read 271,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty Drummer View Post
The old sports bar in the k mart parking lot was torn down today.
Its a small thing, but hallelujah! After courtyard closed that place got worse and worse. Ugly, eye sore, I had hoped they would remove it with the renovation of the entire shopping center.

Is there a master plan for this center? Would it make sense to open it up to the ECU property behind it? With the planned millennial campus for that area and the large number of tailgaters that population each fall it would appear to be easy access to additional traffic for the business there. Especially a Publix.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:31 AM

109 posts, read 104,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
Its a small thing, but hallelujah! After courtyard closed that place got worse and worse. Ugly, eye sore, I had hoped they would remove it with the renovation of the entire shopping center.

Is there a master plan for this center? Would it make sense to open it up to the ECU property behind it? With the planned millennial campus for that area and the large number of tailgaters that population each fall it would appear to be easy access to additional traffic for the business there. Especially a Publix.
It is becoming a Publix

Old 08-08-2016, 07:36 PM

137 posts, read 140,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPirate View Post
It is becoming a Publix
My guess is FrancisDrake knew it was becoming a Publix

Old 08-09-2016, 07:25 AM

293 posts, read 271,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPirate View Post
It is becoming a Publix
Aye. Is that the only change? They will tear down the Kmart and build a publix in its place and the rest stays the same? I was suggesting an intentional connection to ECU's millennial campus currently behind the shopping center.

Building upon that though, it would be awesome if they were intentional about connecting the mall, the publix shopping center and the millennial campus. As a alluded to in an earlier post, create intentional pedestrian thoroughfares between all three entities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina