U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 07:31 AM
LLN

4,984 posts, read 8,771,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Can I get a discount if I wear my lidenhosen while I shop?
You might get something, and penicillin might not cure it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 08:30 AM

1,073 posts, read 991,204 times
BrodyCo owns the Publix center and some out of town folks own the mall. I doubt there will be cooperation between them.

Apprently the Office Depot strip will stay, and be remodeled, and the K-Mart/Piece Goods strip will be demolished and Publix built there.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:32 AM

2195 Evans Street, Greenville, NC, 27834 - Retail (land) Property For Sale on LoopNet.com

The remaining Kangaroo at Evans/Arlington is for sale.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:28 AM

6 posts, read 4,143 times
Is it true cheesecake factory going in hobby lobby area

Old 08-09-2016, 11:44 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,047,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
How many times has that one been robbed?

The old Kangaroo (now a tobacco/vape shop) across that intersection has put up some horrific lighted advertisements on each side of the building. Those lights were on the first month or so they were open, but I haven't seen them lit up since. I wonder if the city made them shut them off, and I also hope that the former Kangaroo in Bells Fork is not under contract to become a tobacco shop as well.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:58 AM

105 posts, read 145,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
Aye. Is that the only change? They will tear down the Kmart and build a publix in its place and the rest stays the same? I was suggesting an intentional connection to ECU's millennial campus currently behind the shopping center.

Building upon that though, it would be awesome if they were intentional about connecting the mall, the publix shopping center and the millennial campus. As a alluded to in an earlier post, create intentional pedestrian thoroughfares between all three entities.
The future site of the millenial campus is on the presently closed section of 10th St. in the tobacco district. The Haynie building will be restored & become the first part of the millenial campus.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:01 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,008,648 times
I believe they will be renovating the entire center. The Office Depot will stay, but I'm pretty sure many of those other smaller shops have left or will leave and will be replaced by more national "chain" businesses . I don't think there's been a site plan listed anywhere we can find yet. I've

Pedestrian bridge would be very expensive. Would a shuttle work? A small shuttle bus running very 20-30 minutes from the Publix lot to the Mall lot, then the shopping center with Staples/Petsmart/Buffalo Wild Wings then back to Publix . That way people could park one place, and ride over to other shopping areas. I think right turns only need to be in place of that light between Kmart and the Mall. Heck, if they can turn most of Greenville Blvd. from the Mall to Memorial Drive into a "Michigan Left" or "superstreet" configuration, that would be ideal.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
How many times has that one been robbed?

The old Kangaroo (now a tobacco/vape shop) across that intersection has put up some horrific lighted advertisements on each side of the building. Those lights were on the first month or so they were open, but I haven't seen them lit up since. I wonder if the city made them shut them off, and I also hope that the former Kangaroo in Bells Fork is not under contract to become a tobacco shop as well.
My favorite is the trademark clone of E-ZPass they used on the Evans Street side.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:26 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,008,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill27837 View Post
Is it true cheesecake factory going in hobby lobby area
Wow. haven't heard that one recently. That would truly be impressive if true. There's not even one in Greensboro, Wilmington or Fayetteville, three cities with much higher populations than ours. I'm sure a very nice chain restaurant or two will end up in that shopping center, but I'm not sure if it will be a Cheesecake Factory.

Last edited by michealbond; 08-09-2016 at 01:44 PM..

Old 08-09-2016, 01:49 PM

294 posts, read 272,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
The future site of the millenial campus is on the presently closed section of 10th St. in the tobacco district. The Haynie building will be restored & become the first part of the millenial campus.
There is more than one millennial campus. 10th street, medical campus, uptown, and the one I was referring to that will be on the old intramural fields and stratford arms lot. https://www.northcarolina.edu/sites/...on_-_ecu-3.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina