U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 10:47 PM

335 posts, read 358,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKIE27 View Post
Yeah, Chrissie's was in Arlington Village but that spot is walking distance from Buffalo Wild Wings, they probably don't want competition that close. But there had to be something better than the Kirklands spot...
Yeah I was going to say, it's really not that much of a difference in distance. The Chrissie's location was just as close as the Kirkland's. Even the old Boli's on the Boulevard location would have been better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 08:16 PM

3,321 posts, read 5,183,240 times
I guess those people know what they're doing.........Hope so at least

Old 02-14-2011, 09:06 PM

208 posts, read 325,064 times
Has anyone heard anything on the new walmart shopping center on hwy 33? Are they still in negotiation with the traffic light location?

Old 02-17-2011, 01:09 PM

3,321 posts, read 5,183,240 times
Anyone heard about a Bonefish Grill coming into the parking lot at Kmart? I haven't heard anything official, so this isn't one of my usual "this is the gospel" post.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:56 PM

5,417 posts, read 5,401,245 times
We heard today from a very reliable source that our The Fresh Market in Greenville will be closing. I will be sick if this is true, does anyone know if it is indeed a fact, and if so why? It certainly isn't sales. Thank you for your input.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:05 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,040,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Anyone heard about a Bonefish Grill coming into the parking lot at Kmart? I haven't heard anything official, so this isn't one of my usual "this is the gospel" post.
One day last month I saw about 6 contractors' trucks at the former Boli's. The lights inside were on, but I don't know what they were doing in there, though.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:14 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,040,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
We heard today from a very reliable source that our The Fresh Market in Greenville will be closing. I will be sick if this is true, does anyone know if it is indeed a fact, and if so why? It certainly isn't sales. Thank you for your input.
Don't know if it's fact, but I know people in the grocery business and I've heard that FM hasn't renewed their lease. They may have good sales, but when you have a brand new facility built, you need great sales to cover all the costs.

I also heard that Harris Teeter looked into buying out the Lowe's Foods before deciding on Kroger. Reason being: it doesn't look as if Lowe's is going to make it long-term, so HT has the idea that taking over the Kroger location will eventually kill two birds with one stone.

I can't confirm any of this, but that's the scuttlebutt from my friends in the grocery business.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:52 AM

77 posts, read 130,629 times
The loss of Fresh Market would make me very sad indeed. One of the few stores in Greenville which makes me think I'm not living in an out-of-the-way rural wasteland...

Old 02-18-2011, 12:37 PM

451 posts, read 1,687,895 times
I have been hearing rumors that the Fresh Market was closing since it opened. I hope it isn't true...i'll believe it when I see the signs, though.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:48 PM

5,417 posts, read 5,401,245 times
Good News! We know the Store Manager at Fresh Market and went there this morning & I told him what we have heard. He said that it is NOT true they are closing. They are having some problems with the building & are in nogotiations with the landlord. Their original site had been the Lowe's supermarket & then decided on where they presently are & intend to stay there because a Mall is sup. to go behind them. He told us that their sales are very high and their customer base is great & that Fresh Market & Harris Teeter work very well together. I told him that we are happy because my husband would hate to have to drive to FM in Raleigh every week to do our shopping. Then I picked up 5 lbs. of boneless chicken breasts on sale for $2.99 lb. & smiled all the way home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina