U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2016, 01:47 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,365,960 times

Advertisements

Back to the Town Common...

Love the idea of a restaurant along the 1st St edge, have a nice outside patio and make it within sight distance to the Amphitheater. That restaurant could host parties and such...which would utilize the Town Common.

That would be SO MUCH BETTER than a community kitchen. And the City could lease the land, which would generate revenue instead costing like a public community building project would.

If the fountain feature is supposed to be for kids, it should go near the playground.

IMO, TC should be a festival park with an event lawn. The boat launches (river uses) and playground will give you more use than you had. A dining option, some restrooms, and Memorial space will all add to the Park. The event lawn can be used by groups from all aspects of the city. Piers can give you some overlook. Its not complicated, but it seems this firm is trying to make it complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 01:47 PM

4,669 posts, read 3,063,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
I understand that the 64 route is more direct and that it is likely cheaper, at least initially. However if we're upgrading 11/13 to interstate status anyway its moot. Kinston already has the transpark, Greenville is already growing and an established hub in the east. An interstate makes more sense and benefits those areas much greater bc they have those benefits already in place. Putting an interstate through Tarboro/Bethel/Wiliamston etc wont likely do squat for those townships.
It would've been more difficult to convince Congress to support US-264/US-13/US-64/US-17 for a single interstate number/corridor between Raleigh and Norfolk rather than the more direct US-64/US-17 route and it probably would've went over with the FHWA like a fart in a whirlwind. If I-87's routing had nothing to do with ENC, then the US-64/I-95/US-58 routing would've been pushed instead since that's even shorter than US-64/US-17.

I don't understand what the problem is. It all worked out for the best IMO since I-87's future routing through Rocky Mount helped attract CSX there, which is a MUCH better location than Selma and whose hub will have a great impact on eastern NC's economy. Plus, from the way things are looking, it's all but certain that US-264 between Zebulon and Greenville and US-13/NC-11/Harvey Parkway between I-87 in Bethel and I-42 in Kinston will become interstate spurs in the future. That will give Greenville and Kinston the access they want/need. It's a win-win for everybody in the region, so what gives, other than impatience?

Old 08-31-2016, 01:54 PM

Bad news for ECU.

ECU no longer being considered for Big 12 Conference

Old 08-31-2016, 01:58 PM

Vidant unveils new children's hospital transport vehicle

Old 09-01-2016, 05:43 AM

Academy Sports bringing 200 jobs combined to Greenville, Jacksonville

Quote:
A new Academy Sports and Outdoors is coming to Greenville. And now, a new location is coming to Jacksonville as well.

The store offers premier sports, outdoor, and lifestyle goods.

The first store will open in Greenville late this fall near the corner of Memorial Drive and Greenville Blvd.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:06 AM

225 posts, read 204,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Meh it was a pipe dream anyway. If they really want to join a power 5 conference it's either ACC or SEC. I'm surprise the SEC haven't called. I mean they don't have much of a presence in NC unlike SC. It would be a win-win for both. ECU gets into a power 5 conference and the SEC's market can take over Eastern NC and probably a good portion of Tidewater Virginia as well(may still be VT territory tho).

Old 09-01-2016, 09:11 AM

3,323 posts, read 5,191,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
Meh it was a pipe dream anyway. If they really want to join a power 5 conference it's either ACC or SEC. I'm surprise the SEC haven't called. I mean they don't have much of a presence in NC unlike SC. It would be a win-win for both. ECU gets into a power 5 conference and the SEC's market can take over Eastern NC and probably a good portion of Tidewater Virginia as well(may still be VT territory tho).
THey had to try. And there is zero chance of us getting into the ACC. Just from a strict numbers standpoint.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:47 AM

225 posts, read 204,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
THey had to try. And there is zero chance of us getting into the ACC. Just from a strict numbers standpoint.
So I guess it's SEC or bust. Looking like ECU will never join a power conference.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:07 AM

137 posts, read 141,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
So I guess it's SEC or bust. Looking like ECU will never join a power conference.
ECU belongs in the SEC, ECU fits the SEC expansion model since it is in a contiguous southern state, and when ECU gets there, all its alumni, fans, and supporters will be glad they didn't get in the Big 12.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:33 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,365,960 times
Surveying has started for the Firetower Rd widening project between Portertown Rd and Charles Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina