U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-20-2016, 05:40 AM
 
Location: Danville, VA
4,634 posts, read 3,041,226 times
Reputation: 2918

Advertisements

PGV gets grant money for improvements
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2016, 08:15 AM
 
109 posts, read 104,061 times
Reputation: 64
Really need to get PGV connected to Norfolk, DC, etc.

No reason there is not a direct flight from DC to eastern NC anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2016, 01:01 PM
 
1,020 posts, read 1,003,643 times
Reputation: 367
It's going to be tough. There's a large price discrepancy for flying out of PGV vs. Flying out of RDU. It's normally $80-100 less flying RDU. Even with adding RDU parking fees + gas, it's still a cheaper option than flying out of PGV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2016, 03:19 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,185,093 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratePanther189 View Post
Especially considering the Uptown theatre is going to be managed by the Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh.

Greenville could become a really cool music spot over the next 5 years.
That part really excites me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2016, 03:21 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,185,093 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPirate View Post
Really need to get PGV connected to Norfolk, DC, etc.

No reason there is not a direct flight from DC to eastern NC anymore.
I would say the top airports they should have flights for would be:
  • DC
  • NYC
  • Atlanta
  • Somewhere in Florida

But I am sure/hope they have receipts that tell where people are going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2016, 03:22 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,185,093 times
Reputation: 2359
Greenville NC Area MPO - Active Transportation Survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/walkbikegreenvillenc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2016, 06:44 AM
 
293 posts, read 270,854 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
I would say the top airports they should have flights for would be:
  • DC
  • NYC
  • Atlanta
  • Somewhere in Florida

But I am sure/hope they have receipts that tell where people are going.
If New Bern has flights to CLT and ATL, you would think PGV should as well. I can't imagine there is more traffic in NB then Greenville, but perhaps with the water and proximity to the coast I am mistaken. With ECU's popularity in NoVa, DC, and Maryland I would think DC would be a viable connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2016, 07:57 AM
 
36 posts, read 27,643 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
It's going to be tough. There's a large price discrepancy for flying out of PGV vs. Flying out of RDU. It's normally $80-100 less flying RDU. Even with adding RDU parking fees + gas, it's still a cheaper option than flying out of PGV.
Depends on where you're flying. I fly to Chicago often and the base flight price is not much more expensive from PGV. After adding gas, parking, etc to the cost, PGV is cheaper and much more convenient. Cities with large American Airline hubs tend to be cheaper for me from PGV.

Would love to see expansion to DC, NYC, Atlanta or something similar. At the very least, this gives us more and potentially cheaper connection options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2016, 10:37 AM
 
2,402 posts, read 3,359,858 times
Reputation: 1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
If New Bern has flights to CLT and ATL, you would think PGV should as well. I can't imagine there is more traffic in NB then Greenville, but perhaps with the water and proximity to the coast I am mistaken. With ECU's popularity in NoVa, DC, and Maryland I would think DC would be a viable connection.
New Bern has significantly more traffic than PGV because New Bern serves Carteret County and those beaches. If New Bern has Atlanta flights, no reason IMO that Greenville should have them.

Problem PGV has is that Raleigh has both Allegiant and Southwest, the low cost carriers that sometimes will go to a smaller side airport. I honestly think PGV just needs to hang around and as Greenville grows it will grow. That is what is happening in Wilmington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2016, 09:44 AM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,185,093 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
New Bern has significantly more traffic than PGV because New Bern serves Carteret County and those beaches. If New Bern has Atlanta flights, no reason IMO that Greenville should have them.

Problem PGV has is that Raleigh has both Allegiant and Southwest, the low cost carriers that sometimes will go to a smaller side airport. I honestly think PGV just needs to hang around and as Greenville grows it will grow. That is what is happening in Wilmington.
I assume New Bern handles a lot of Cherry Point traffic as well, which is why Jacksonville relatively has a lot of passengers.

EDIT:

Here are the number of Enplanement (Passengers) for the top airports in NC. First category is 2015 numbers, 2nd is 2014, 3rd is %change


https://www.faa.gov/airports/plannin...planements.pdf
https://www.faa.gov/airports/plannin...ats/passenger/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top