U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 06:54 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,901 times

Advertisements

I actually like this idea. $10,000 seems like a lot of money for some "passport type card' but regardless, nice to see someone is thinking about tourism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 07:12 AM

293 posts, read 271,165 times
I applaud Garris for standing by his convictions, even though I disagree with them. Fun coincidence, I used to get moonshine from a Garris in Pitt county in my younger days... Probably not related

I like the idea and it speaks to the continued effort to promote and develop the county.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:23 AM

4,642 posts, read 3,046,928 times
The completion date for the Southwest Bypass has been pushed back to June 2020.

Expect delays on NC-11 near Ayden

Old 03-08-2017, 07:23 AM

4,642 posts, read 3,046,928 times
GO Science will remain on it's month-to-month lease agreement with the city until it merges with another Pitt County learning center.

GO-Science lease month-to-month - Daily Reflector

Also, bidding is still going on for the old Harper Brush plant on Memorial Drive.

Bidding continues for industrial property - Daily Reflector

Old 03-08-2017, 07:28 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,004,410 times
Dickinson Ave is gearing up for a street renovation project.

Quote:
Also during Tuesday’s meeting, the Redevelopment Commission unanimously approved a request from the N.C. Department of Transportation for a temporary construction easement at the GO-Science property to accommodate construction of a road improvement project on Dickinson Avenue. NCDOT will reimburse the city $3,950 for the easement.
Wisemiller said the road improvement project would cover a two-mile section of Dickinson Avenue between Reade Circle to Memorial Boulevard. The project will include repairing drainage along the corridor and resurfacing the road. Construction is expected to begin in 2018, he said.

“They are timing this to begin soon after work on the 10th Street Connector is complete,” Wisemiller said.
Wisemiller said the city also will be investing between $1 million to $1.5 million in improvements on Dickinson Avenue between Reade Circle and 14th Street. Planned improvements include sidewalks, crosswalks and decorative streetscapes, he said.

“There also could possibly be a pocket park constructed as well,” Wisemiller said. “But this project still is in the design phase right now.”

Old 03-08-2017, 08:46 AM

208 posts, read 325,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
I did speak to a representative at Edward Jones which is located near the property and he said he didn't know, but knows it's commercial. They were out surveying the land this morning.
They are now demolishing the house that borderline the property.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:53 AM

293 posts, read 271,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Dickinson Ave is gearing up for a street renovation project.
Glad to hear this project has found a way. This corridor needs it.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:57 AM

208 posts, read 325,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
They are now demolishing the house that borderline the property.
That's a lot of land across the street from K&W. Can't wait to see what's coming up at the corner.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:23 PM

1,069 posts, read 985,601 times
JCPenney has not released an official list of store closings, but based on store sales the Greenville Mall location is on the bubble.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...s-at/21876449/

Old 03-09-2017, 08:54 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,901 times
JCPenney just spent a lot of money on updating that store, shame to see they might close...but their leadership in general has been subpar over the years. Trying to find an identity has been hard for them. I go in there occasionally but in all honesty, I think their clothing is over priced...but then again, I think it seems to be over priced everywhere these days. $60 for a pair of docker khakis..really?

If they have to shut down the store, the only major retailer out there will be Belk & Dunham Sports. Greenville could really have a nice regional mall, but for whatever reason they have never been able to get over the hup...lack of investment or poor management? I'm unsure. People here and all over Eastern NC would shop there if they had stores that were not only targeting the teens and certain segments of the population.

The mall is really a giant piece of crap. I wish they could bulldoze the entire thing & start over with a more Triangle Towne Center type approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina