U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2017, 02:25 PM

20 posts, read 29,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Hopefully this will help with the horrible flooding. If only they'd find a way to improve the horrendous middle lane issues!

I work right near Arlington/Mulberry, so it'll be tons of fun each day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 09:17 PM

15 posts, read 14,186 times
Publix update

Old 04-05-2017, 07:03 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,268 times
Are we getting a Bad Daddy's Burger Bar? I thought maybe it is one of those deals where it should be South Carolina, but they already have one in Greenville, SC..so I doubt they'd say "Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar is coming to Greenville!" if they meant South Carolina.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3...earch_srp_jobs

I've heard nothing about this though, so just wondering if this listing is accurate.

Last edited by jpirate; 04-05-2017 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: er

Old 04-05-2017, 08:03 AM

181 posts, read 185,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Are we getting a Bad Daddy's Burger Bar? I thought maybe it is one of those deals where it should be South Carolina, but they already have one in Greenville, SC..so I doubt they'd say "Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar is coming to Greenville!" if they meant South Carolina.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3...earch_srp_jobs

I've heard nothing about this though, so just wondering if this listing is accurate.

Based on your comment about them already having a Gville SC footprint, you'd have to think it's accurate, right?

Great addition to Greenville, Charlotte locations are excellent.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:56 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,003,019 times
I love Bad Daddy's, and I'd love to see one in Greenville. However, I am a bit skeptical. It's certainly possible that this is a mixup. The Greenville SC location has been open for a while now. Maybe they are looking for a new manager at that location and they put the same copy from years ago in the wrong Greenville.

I actually worked for the Daily Reflector a few years ago and helped put ads in the classified section of the paper. Every now and again we would get businesses that wanted to place job ads and halfway through speaking with them, we realize they were looking for the Greenville SC paper. So it's possible this was all a mixup.

It's also possible that it's true. The article below states that Bad Daddy's was bought by another company a while back and they may be looking to expand

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte...ys-burger.html

Right now, i'll be cautiously optimistic. I wonder where they will put it.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:10 AM

1,070 posts, read 983,869 times

This was actually in the Daily Reflector a few years ago. Either zero f***s were given that day or the classified staff weren't paying attention.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post

This was actually in the Daily Reflector a few years ago. Either zero f***s were given that day or the classified staff weren't paying attention.
Yea, more like "this is a big, expensive ad that will help me meet my sales quota so I can keep my job". Ads that big definitely go through a proofing and approval process by the business before being put in the paper. Verizon goofed too.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:13 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,035,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Yea, more like "this is a big, expensive ad that will help me meet my sales quota so I can keep my job". Ads that big definitely go through a proofing and approval process by the business before being put in the paper. Verizon goofed too.
Verizon must be blazing the 4:20.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Friendly reminder that Pirate Fest is this weekend.

https://www.piratefestnc.com/

PirateFest in Greenville this weekend

I hope there's a good turnout this year. I still wish this and the ECU spring game fest would combine or partner up again. They tried it a couple of years, but I guess they didn't get the turnout they were looking for.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:29 AM

112 posts, read 102,953 times
Does anyone know when they plan on opening the section of Dickinson Avenue that runs under the 10th Street Connector?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina