U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-21-2017, 04:33 PM
 
1,677 posts, read 2,049,628 times
Reputation: 1074

Advertisements

They're putting on a brick window look to the base of the 10th St bridge. Hopefully they'll use them for public art...



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2017, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Greenville, NC
841 posts, read 1,042,847 times
Reputation: 176
that looks really nice, should blend in well with the Dickinson Ave. area & architecture. I didn't realize they were going to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2017, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Winterville
181 posts, read 215,964 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Winterville debuts new farmer's market.

Winterville celebrates new farmers market - Daily Reflector
I was excited until I saw that it's only 4-8 p.m. every Thursday. SMH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2017, 09:25 AM
 
1,677 posts, read 2,049,628 times
Reputation: 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
that looks really nice, should blend in well with the Dickinson Ave. area & architecture. I didn't realize they were going to do that.
I didn't know brick work would be part of the bridge either. I thought the grey concrete WAS the exterior. Haha...


A couple of things I noticed over the weekend:

A new Caribbean restaurant called Montego Bay has open on 10th St (formerly China 10, across from Villa Verde).

The ABC store downtown has closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2017, 09:28 AM
 
294 posts, read 273,395 times
Reputation: 64
That brick looks excellent, bravo for not 1/2 butting it.

I had seen the Caribbean place being advertised. I think its a great idea to locate near Villa Verde. They should follow a similar style of social media presence. Coupled with the looming development there that could be some nice momentum for that area too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2017, 12:49 PM
 
36 posts, read 27,941 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
That brick looks excellent, bravo for not 1/2 butting it.

I had seen the Caribbean place being advertised. I think its a great idea to locate near Villa Verde. They should follow a similar style of social media presence. Coupled with the looming development there that could be some nice momentum for that area too.
I hope it does well. The mexican restaurant previously in that location, La Herradura, did not last long.

Other things around town:

-Smash Waffle will be locating in the recently renovated building across from Trollingwood Brewery on Dickinson Ave

-Bradshaw's Building downtown, on the corner of Evans and 4th, is being gutted. Not sure what is going into the space

-Not recent, but Jarvis Street Bottle Shop (owned by the Christy's/DAPH group) is doing well. Still growing, but a nice alternative to driving across town to Tapped or going to Winslow's

-Another coffee shop is going into the Coffee Shack space. Hopefully this time for longer

-Lidl and Publix appear to both be making good progress

-Mr. Tims Texas Comfort Food has opened on Mumford Road

-A comic book store has taken over the Boiler Room space on 5th st (2nd floor, above skateboard shop across from Sup Dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2017, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Greenville, NC
841 posts, read 1,042,847 times
Reputation: 176
Quote:
Mr. Tims Texas Comfort Food has opened on Mumford Road
I read this in the reflector, the food looks & sounds great...but I'm afraid it might not last too long out on Mumford Road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2017, 03:59 PM
 
36 posts, read 27,941 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I read this in the reflector, the food looks & sounds great...but I'm afraid it might not last too long out on Mumford Road.
It's also fairly expensive. A lot of dishes around ~$12. When I think of southern comfort food, I'm expecting a lower price tag. But haven't tried it yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2017, 05:25 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,202,106 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
I didn't know brick work would be part of the bridge either. I thought the grey concrete WAS the exterior. Haha...


A couple of things I noticed over the weekend:

A new Caribbean restaurant called Montego Bay has open on 10th St (formerly China 10, across from Villa Verde).

The ABC store downtown has closed.
Isn't that block being sold? Or am I misremembering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2017, 08:18 PM
 
181 posts, read 186,101 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Isn't that block being sold? Or am I misremembering?
ECU owns that block, they'll be using the building for office space until the one stop shop opens.

They essentially now own that entire street, We'll see what happens with that in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top