U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 11:12 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,416 times

Advertisements

Han-Dee Hugo's was all over Raleigh back in the late 90's when I lived there, I guess they are branching out east now?

Last edited by jpirate; 06-13-2017 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 11:15 AM

1,070 posts, read 984,299 times
I just filled up at a Han-Dee Hugo's in Wilmington this weekend. I've seen them elsewhere in ENC and the Triangle but I think this will be their first store in Pitt County.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:58 PM

293 posts, read 270,724 times
What do you think of a combined ENC marketing effort the likes of Door County Wisconsin. https://www.doorcounty.com/

Get the eastern gateway act passed and then market Wilson, Rocky Mount, Kinston, New Bern, Greenville, and Washington together under some clever banner. Greenville acts as the hub as the larger city and centrally located. Once (if) the gateway act is passed you'd have 70 mph interstates connecting every city (except Washington).

Old 06-14-2017, 01:06 PM

112 posts, read 102,953 times
Construction to begin on Uptown Theater this August.

Theater reconstruction stated for August, doors to open next spring - Daily Reflector

Old 06-14-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
The facility will be operated by Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh, which draws nationally known musicians to its facility there. According to Wilkerson, Lincoln Theatre hopes to double book acts that are attracted to Raleigh for shows and bring them into the Greenville area.
This would be fabulous!!!!! I so miss the days of quality musicians performing downtown in Greenville, what was once a great scene is now non existent. There are a lot of acts that play at the Lincoln Theatre that I'd love to go see, but can't make it to the Raleigh area to so. If they can get even 1/2 of the acts that perform at the Lincoln Theatre to perform here this project will be well worth it! Can't wait!!

Old 06-14-2017, 01:25 PM

Farmers and Makers Market opening on Dickenson Ave this Fall...interesting idea...

Quote:
Dickinson Avenue Farmers and Makers Market will be an indoor, year-round market opening in the Fall of 2017. From produce to art, the market will showcase the wares of local farmers, artists, and makers.
https://www.facebook.com/Farmersandmakers/

Old 06-14-2017, 02:19 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,035,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
What do you think of a combined ENC marketing effort the likes of Door County Wisconsin. https://www.doorcounty.com/

Get the eastern gateway act passed and then market Wilson, Rocky Mount, Kinston, New Bern, Greenville, and Washington together under some clever banner. Greenville acts as the hub as the larger city and centrally located. Once (if) the gateway act is passed you'd have 70 mph interstates connecting every city (except Washington).
You know, I'm surprised there hasn't been a renewed push for the Gateway Act so far this year. It seems like all talk of it has nearly disappeared once US-264 became Future I-587. Given that the Kinston-Bethel corridor is the only remaining leg of Quad East that has yet to become a future interstate, I would've thought there would be more local pressure for it. Back in 2013 when Quad East was first proposed, I didn't think there was a chance in hell of it happening. Fast forward to 2017 and now we're just one interstate designation away from completing it. What a difference 4 years makes!

I guess it got pushed aside due to the BS going on in Congress right now. Half of the Gateway Act is useless now anyway since it included US-264, which has already became a future interstate without the bill's passage. They'll just need to re-write the bill to focus solely on NC-11/US-13. Connecting Greenville to Hampton Roads would be ideal.

Allen Thomas played a huge role in making this happen. I wonder if the next mayor will continue the push for it...

Old 06-14-2017, 07:31 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,040,411 times
Greenville, NC : City News

Charlotte's Assistant City Manager named Greenville City Manager.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:44 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,035,683 times
City proposal would pay business for job creation - Daily Reflector

Old 06-15-2017, 06:58 AM

I don't know much about Ann Wall, but just reading her resume, she sounds like a solid hire. I just hope she didn't have anything to do with that bathroom bill mess in Charlotte.

Last edited by jpirate; 06-15-2017 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: ew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina