Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2017, 02:36 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,440,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
A couple of options:

Anderson Ave bridge in Ardmore, PA:

I'd even take a light strip similar to the lit up pedestrian bridge in Durham, NC
I think once improvements are made to Town Commons, then we could consider such an idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 04:01 PM

378 posts, read 419,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
A couple of options:

Anderson Ave bridge in Ardmore, PA:

I'd even take a light strip similar to the lit up pedestrian bridge in Durham, NC
That would work very well for the 10th street connector. Let's hope they put those there

Old 09-06-2017, 05:54 PM

And let's hope Hurricane Irma is like a Category 1 when it hits here.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:11 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,103 times
Bank branch closure follows consumer tech growth - Daily Reflector

BB&T has closed the Arlington/Red Banks Road branch. The main location a half mile away at the Greenville Blvd intersection is still open.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:51 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
Campaign Notes: Election forums announced; Connelly receives Godley endorsement - Daily Reflector

Old 09-07-2017, 11:37 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,160 times
i think it's been discussed before, but why are they replacing the light poles on Hwy 43? Will they be expanding that road?

Old 09-07-2017, 11:52 AM

38 posts, read 41,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay The Great View Post
And let's hope Hurricane Irma is like a Category 1 when it hits here.
Matthew was also a Category 1 when it hit here, IIRC. Hoping for minimal flooding, but we will see what happens with the track over the next few days. Matthew was predicted to completely miss NC just a few days before it hit, so who knows.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:55 PM

192 posts, read 281,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Bullets fly in church parking lot - Daily Reflector

An article regarding a shooting at ‘5 Points Plaza.’ I applaud the Greenville Police Department for responding as swiftly and professionally as they did. We must continue to focus on not only providing the public assurances that Uptown and Greenville as a whole is a safe place to work, play and live, but also working to change the mindset of people undermining the work we’re putting in. Fortunately, in this case, no one was injured or killed, but we must continue to fight the hard battle of providing more options for the people of our city and respective region. I hope, in concert with relevant voices here, to exchange ideas on how we can make a meaningful improvement to the crime dilemma we’ve been plagued with for far too long.

-Demetrius
Take away the gangs incentive for making money by eliminating their black market income activities via legalizing drugs. The drug war has failed. Modern prohibition is putting money into large pharmaceutical companies and violent gangs. Having a degree does not make prescribing or selling drugs any less dangerous. If it did we wouldn't have an opiod epidemic. MDs should be helping people get healthier and get them OFF of drugs not on. Trying to enforce this "moral" prohibition isn't making things better. Open the market so that we don't give gangs an incentive to use violence to control the black market. If there is no black market the crime and violence with greatly reduce.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:20 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
i think it's been discussed before, but why are they replacing the light poles on Hwy 43? Will they be expanding that road?
I think it's just an infrastructure upgrade. Replacing old wooden poles with new ones that are stronger and can hold more lines. The poles aren't really set back much from the current ones.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I think it's just an infrastructure upgrade. Replacing old wooden poles with new ones that are stronger and can hold more lines. The poles aren't really set back much from the current ones.
Pretty sure they will do it to Evans and Old Tar. And maybe even firetower and portertown as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina