U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2018, 05:43 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,045,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
And Staton drives another nail in the casket lid in the name of his own personal ego.
Allen Thomas made a dignified rant about the housing situation on his FB page. He is not pleased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 05:53 PM

1,070 posts, read 987,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Allen Thomas made a dignified rant about the housing situation on his FB page. He is not pleased.
I just went and read it. Allen is still a great voice for the community; maybe an even stronger voice now that he doesn't have to be "mayorly" at the same time.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:28 AM

So I was just in Belk and EVERYTHING has asset stickers on it. All the shelves and displays and such. Like a store does before they liquidate the whole place. Inventory is very sparse as well. Anyone heard if they’re closing?

Old 01-17-2018, 09:54 AM

1,674 posts, read 2,045,023 times
252buzz

Newk's is taking over the former Panera Bread location.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:21 AM

839 posts, read 1,041,089 times
I have noticed a couple of 'NOTICE OF RE-ZONING REQUEST" signs pop up lately. One at the former BB&T on the corner of Arlington Blvd & Red Banks. Another one located in front of a house on 10th street that is adjacent to the empty lot across from Lowes Home Improvement that was recently surveyed.

I am interested to hear what is planned for that area across from Lowes where Wal-Mart first tried to build.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:51 AM

226 posts, read 205,031 times
Anyone know what they are about to build on Firetower Rd. next to the State Farm/Lemongrass building in Winterville?

Old 01-17-2018, 02:11 PM

839 posts, read 1,041,089 times
Quote:
So I was just in Belk and EVERYTHING has asset stickers on it. All the shelves and displays and such. Like a store does before they liquidate the whole place. Inventory is very sparse as well. Anyone heard if they’re closing?
I don't know how people shop there, I would always spend considerable time whenever they have clearance sales...then when I get to the register I find the price is different on like everything. They really, really need price scanners in there.

Old 01-17-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I don't know how people shop there, I would always spend considerable time whenever they have clearance sales...then when I get to the register I find the price is different on like everything. They really, really need price scanners in there.
I bought a queen bed and I wanted flannel sheets. I asked the lady at Belk and she said "I only have Twin and King left" which kind of furthered me wondering if they are closing (I didn't ask, I should have).

So I went down to JCP and they also had only twin and king.

Side note: Belk looks dingy as hell while JCP is kind of new and shiny. I was surprised.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:28 PM

3,288 posts, read 5,442,620 times
Quote:
I would imagine their not restocking because of the Holidays, and preparing to count their inventory. That’s the only thing I can imagine. If they’re closing, I would imagine this is the perfect time to actually consider redeveloping that mall into something other than a mall. The likelihood of such a transition happening? Slim to none.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:28 PM

82 posts, read 98,481 times
Quote:
Belk's fiscal year ends Jan 31. They do it every year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina