Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 09:55 AM

3,060 posts, read 4,793,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepedguy View Post
This.

Only other recommendation would be to allow for a 5'-0 dedicated bicycle lane in the right-of-way to account for the different types of bicycle users. Many commuters (myself included) do not like to ride on shared-use paths because of their particular danger at intersections. It can be addressed with intersection treatments, but being in the road actually protects bicycle users at intersections.
I had included that in my recommendation from Elm to Evans (which is ECU's campus), and of course had the multi-use from The Greenway to Cedar (to Jaycee Park).

The idea would be to have an ECU zone essentially between Elm and Evans that includes Crosswalks, Bike Lanes, and a Median. Traffic would slow coming off the 10th St connector bridge and then could speed up after Elm St. Bikes would run on the Greenway path on 10th St (which is safer). I felt like bike lanes on 10th between Elm and Evans would be safe because traffic would be slowed down with all of the crosswalks and reduced speed limit.

My understanding is that the 10th St connector is supposed to be pedestrian and bike friendly, so Evans is where it needs to continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 10:13 AM

378 posts, read 411,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
I had included that in my recommendation from Elm to Evans (which is ECU's campus), and of course had the multi-use from The Greenway to Cedar (to Jaycee Park).

The idea would be to have an ECU zone essentially between Elm and Evans that includes Crosswalks, Bike Lanes, and a Median. Traffic would slow coming off the 10th St connector bridge and then could speed up after Elm St. Bikes would run on the Greenway path on 10th St (which is safer). I felt like bike lanes on 10th between Elm and Evans would be safe because traffic would be slowed down with all of the crosswalks and reduced speed limit.

My understanding is that the 10th St connector is supposed to be pedestrian and bike friendly, so Evans is where it needs to continue.
For Evans, and Arlington, I think they need to improve then intersection by adding more turn lanes including the ones that go from South Evans to West Arlington, people will cut through the Village Pawn area. That intersection is also outdated. 14th st is also pretty bad.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay The Great View Post
For Evans, and Arlington, I think they need to improve then intersection by adding more turn lanes including the ones that go from South Evans to West Arlington, people will cut through the Village Pawn area. That intersection is also outdated. 14th st is also pretty bad.
Evans can be the next corridor plan the City looks at, and also has a Greenway connection on it. From downtown to Greenville Blvd. The Evans/Old Tar Rd widening will take care of pedestrian/bike issues during its construction from Gville Blvd to Worthington.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:54 AM

217 posts, read 232,634 times
Evans St. from Reade to Greenville Blvd. is slated for construction in 2021. Would love for a full corridor plan to be implemented around it.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepedguy View Post
Evans St. from Reade to Greenville Blvd. is slated for construction in 2021. Would love for a full corridor plan to be implemented around it.
I thought the widening project from Greenville Blvd to Worthington was in 2021.

https://www.ncdot.gov/projects/EvansStreetWidening/

Is there something scheduled for Evans between Reade and Gville Blvd? I know the road diet between 10th and Reade on Evans was shelved when the redevelopment downtown started happening.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:23 PM

7 posts, read 6,616 times
So what going where the bp station that closed on 14th and Greenville blvd another sheetz coming

Old 05-04-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill27837 View Post
So what going where the bp station that closed on 14th and Greenville blvd another sheetz coming
You're not really making sense about sheetz on Greenville blvd. What do you mean another sheetz is coming there?

Old 05-04-2018, 09:42 AM

889 posts, read 1,328,164 times
I believe he is asking what is going to become of the lot where the BP station was. He wants to know if anyone thinks it might be a Sheetz to open there.

I had not even noticed the BP station was closed to be honest.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:33 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,575,055 times
When Sheetz opened up around here back a decade or so ago there were rumors they were going to buy that parcel and the one behind it to build. It would probably be a good location for them.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Is this park still getting built or are they just gonna leave it the way it is? It was planned in 2011.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina