U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2018, 12:45 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,004,818 times

Advertisements

Would have liked to have seen that Dickinson Ave area, maybe under the Dickinson Lofts mixed use or even somewhere on Evans Street. But I guess this will do well there on Jarvis Street. Not exactly easy to get to for the vast majority of the city, but will be a decent option for the students in the area.

Last edited by michealbond; 06-18-2018 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 01:05 PM

839 posts, read 1,040,031 times
Humm...would have been more excited about this if it had actually been in the core of Uptown, not buried in the neighborhood to be forgotten about by all except students and folks in the neighborhood. Oh well, best of luck with the new location.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:54 PM

153 posts, read 186,879 times
Agreed. This will have virtually no draw to anyone but students.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:27 PM

3,287 posts, read 5,437,947 times
First, Angus is among my favorite burger places in the world and therefore any expansion is welcomed by me. Second, I wonder when considering this location, were they thinking of Jack Browns. I can’t say this objectively, but I consider Angus to be far superior to Jack Browns but on the opposing hand many people here in Greenville have never even heard of Angus. That said, I do hope this second location does well. I’ve been urging them to create a second location for a while, and in-fact, open a few locations. Now hopefully they follow up on my idea for every 10 burgers, you get one free.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:08 PM

1,069 posts, read 985,975 times
Your post is the first I ever heard of Jack Browns. I heard of Angus a long time ago but never think of them when I go out to eat. Some of these businesses really need to advertise some.

edit: I drive down Dickinson all the time and never noticed Jack Browns. It's not on GSV either. When did it open?

Old 06-19-2018, 07:01 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,362,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Your post is the first I ever heard of Jack Browns. I heard of Angus a long time ago but never think of them when I go out to eat. Some of these businesses really need to advertise some.

edit: I drive down Dickinson all the time and never noticed Jack Browns. It's not on GSV either. When did it open?
Early April...

https://uptowngreenville.com/2018/04...-opens-monday/

Old 06-19-2018, 07:49 AM

3,287 posts, read 5,437,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post

Yeah, Jack Browns was supposed to be a pretty big deal here in town, but it never looks too busy to me. It seems like Bad Daddy’s has remained, by far, the most popular burger joint but Angus is superior to them if you ask me. I would suggest you stop in Jack Browns and form your own opinion. By no means is it horrible, but the prices are eh, the service was blah, and the burgers are decent.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:15 AM

109 posts, read 104,132 times
The Dickinson corridor NEEDS Jack Browns to make it and survive.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:15 PM

14 posts, read 17,099 times
Default Jack Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPirate View Post
The Dickinson corridor NEEDS Jack Browns to make it and survive.

I went to Jack Browns the other night. There was 30 minute wait. I think they are doing just fine and the food was outstanding.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:37 PM

293 posts, read 271,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate25 View Post
I went to Jack Browns the other night. There was 30 minute wait. I think they are doing just fine and the food was outstanding.
I have heard good if not great things from folks I know in town and their social media presence (on Instagram at least) is very active and entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina