U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2018, 05:53 AM

1,069 posts, read 985,975 times

Advertisements

Unless they left it offline for some reason the Reflector does not have anything about the GFR study. Nothing at all is on the website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 08:03 AM

4,648 posts, read 3,051,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Unless they left it offline for some reason the Reflector does not have anything about the GFR study. Nothing at all is on the website.
They’re the only media outlet that doesn’t mention it. Go figure.

Last edited by LM117; 08-07-2018 at 08:13 AM..

Old 08-07-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
https://wcti12.com/news/local/report...gfr-leadership

Am ooking forward to The East Carolinian's in-depth report on these findings. The jump in resignation rate is alarming.
Here ya go.

City announces results of evaluation | News | theeastcarolinian.com

Old 08-07-2018, 09:47 AM

1,674 posts, read 2,042,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
In my experience, whenever workplace dissatisfaction goes beyond one-third of the team is dissatisfied with leadership, that leadership will not be the solution to the problem. In GFR, dissatisfaction rates go beyond fifty percent in certain key categories. Along with a more structured chain of command and improved training, the key piece to improving morale at GFR is a new leader at the top. This chief has lost his team, and he's too mistrusted and out-of-touch to get his team back.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:52 PM

1,069 posts, read 985,975 times
The Reflector has a detailed article up online now. Haven’t read it yet but it actually looks pretty thorough.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:13 PM

839 posts, read 1,040,031 times

I hate to Mr. Negative...but I fail to see how this small 'skate ramp' being built on the Pedals & Pistons property is going to work? Alvin doesn't own the property, so how long is the property owner going to allow him to rent the space before he sells for big $$. Props to Alvin for trying to do something, I just don't know how this is all going to turn out.

Old 08-07-2018, 04:31 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,042,448 times
Quote:
The Reflector has a detailed article up online now. Havenít read it yet but it actually looks pretty thorough.

Report cites leadership, morale concerns at fire department - Daily Reflector

There's also a 358 page report on the city's website, if anyone is bored, I mean interested.

There's a strong suggestion of a generational gap issue happening at GFR.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:13 AM

112 posts, read 103,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Report cites leadership, morale concerns at fire department - Daily Reflector

There's also a 358 page report on the city's website, if anyone is bored, I mean interested.

There's a strong suggestion of a generational gap issue happening at GFR.
So let’s talk about this generational thing. Greenville Fire/Rescue was the best of the best for many decades. You couldn’t get hired at the place because nobody was leaving. The only time that there were openings was when somebody retired! Fast forward to 2013 when Eric Griffin was placed in the role of “Interim Chief”. Queue the downward spiral. Attrition. Morale. Pride. Scare tactics and retaliation against any “dissenters” if you will. These all became major issues. People began to see the writing on the wall, hence the loss of 90+ firefighters. Yes, there is a generational gap now. It is a DANGEROUSLY young department. And that is the fault of the leadership. Their actions made OVER HALF of the department leave. There are 161 men and women at GFR. 90+ have left. What do those numbers tell you? I encourage every single person on this board to read the full report. Look at the graphs, read the comments from the surveys and focus groups. It is beyond telling of what those men and women have and still are dealing with. It is time for the city to clean house at GFR. It’s been a long time coming.

Last edited by Beasty Drummer; 08-08-2018 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 08-08-2018, 04:52 PM

Transportation hub opens in Greenville

Old 08-08-2018, 09:29 PM

153 posts, read 186,879 times
Quote:

Haven't always been a fan of Staton, but Smith's email observations were nothing more than the opinion of one man IMO. I was thinking it was a view of the Board of Governors but seems to be primarily his opinion on several matters. I agree with him on the Compher thing. But not necessarily on the other items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina