U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 01:20 AM

14 posts, read 19,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
Who has the better pizza Brixx or Mellow Mushroom?
brixx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 08:28 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,189,357 times
Could we please get back to the original topic? Yes we all would love a new restaurant. But I find it quite strange that a random person is asking random internet people what business he should open. If this is true, he should have his own market research, or buy it. Not do it on here.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:35 PM

14 posts, read 19,293 times
Ulta opened today.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:09 AM

21 posts, read 27,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Could we please get back to the original topic? Yes we all would love a new restaurant. But I find it quite strange that a random person is asking random internet people what business he should open. If this is true, he should have his own market research, or buy it. Not do it on here.
^^^lol pure ignorance... ACTUALLY i want to hear it from the people of Greenville...

Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 AM

208 posts, read 325,686 times
Anyone know what is coming up on firetower road across from first south bank?

Old 07-11-2011, 11:26 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,045,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
Anyone know what is coming up on firetower road across from first south bank?
I don't know. There's also a new building site going up right across Memorial from Sam's Club.

It would seem that Greenville is no longer an unknown to the retail world. There is a rumor that Greenville wants to extend it's city limits and grab about 30,000k more residents. That is what Wilmington did a few years ago.

I'm guessing they want all of Eastern Pines and everything west of Memorial. Take the limits out to encompass all of their ETJ.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 PM

208 posts, read 325,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I don't know. There's also a new building site going up right across Memorial from Sam's Club.

It would seem that Greenville is no longer an unknown to the retail world. There is a rumor that Greenville wants to extend it's city limits and grab about 30,000k more residents. That is what Wilmington did a few years ago.

I'm guessing they want all of Eastern Pines and everything west of Memorial. Take the limits out to encompass all of their ETJ.
That building site across from Sam's is a new chic fil A.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business Man View Post
^^^lol pure ignorance... ACTUALLY i want to hear it from the people of Greenville...
I am not going to get in a pissing match with a "business man". But I still think you're either full of crap or have no idea what you're getting into.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post

To a "retail business" what is more important: number of residents in a city, size of the city in miles(or whatever) or residents per square mile?

Here is the most recent ETJ I found: http://www.greenvillenc.gov/uploaded...ity_Limits.pdf

Old 07-11-2011, 10:12 PM

3,287 posts, read 5,438,783 times
Greenvillle needs stop worrying so much about bringing new retail, and actually try to attract new industry. A lot more comes with industry than retail. We have everything we "need" right now, except for one decent corporation. It doesn't need to be a HQ or anything but something major that could possibly attract other companies to move here. We have the presence of two vital establishments that could really put us on the map, all we need now is a company. Look at how Raleigh is booming, they're not dependent on Education, and Health but they still have it. Major companies from all over the world locate there, and with that people come, and with people coming more retail comes along and not the petty pathetic retail we have but truly nice stores.
Look at Kinston, they have a major aerospace company building there I believe that will possibly bring 1-5k jobs from that company alone. Then suppliers build near and there you go, more companies coming. Maybe we could TRY to at-least attract a few of there suppliers into Pitt County.

I do agree we should annex more people, but also annex where you want the growth of companies to head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina