U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 03:49 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,049,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
To a "retail business" what is more important: number of residents in a city, size of the city in miles(or whatever) or residents per square mile?
Different retail business look for differnt demographics.

•We look primarily for locations in second and third generation shopping centers. In addition, we will consider free-standing sites, and store front locations in large urban cities. Site criteria include:Grocery anchored shopping center preferred.
•Minimum population of 2,500 within 1 mile of the site.
•Minimum 25% African-American population within 5 miles.
•Median household income of $40,000 or less.

Variety Wholesalers - Real Estate

This are the requirements for Vareity Wholesalers. They own Rose Stores, Maxway (there's one in Ayden), Bargain Town, Super Dollar Store and Super 10.

Other companies are not as particular about the exact race demographics and are more worried about the ages of particular target group.

What type of franchise is available?
Brew Thru offers you the opportunity to operate a Brew Thru franchise, which provides a drive through convenience store that offers beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, snacks and our Brew Thru logoed shirts and souvenirs.

How much will I need to invest?
The estimated initial investments to establish a Brew Thru franchise will be between $269,450 to $563,667 and is variant upon location. This includes a franchise fee of $35,000, as well as the necessary build-out, inventory and startup costs associated with your drive through convenience store.

What is the royalty fee?
The royalty fee covers the ongoing support services that you will receive as a Brew Thru franchisee, as well as entitling you to the use of the Brew Thru service marks, proprietary business system, sell our branded merchandise and marketing assistance. The fee is 4% of your weekly sales.

How much money can I make with a Brew Thru franchise?
The Federal Trade Commission regulates what Brew Thru is allowed to disclose to franchisees. As you proceed through the process of purchasing a Brew Thru, you will receive the Uniform Franchise Offering Circular that includes information about the gross sales, cost of goods sold and expenses from our five corporate locations as well as guidelines for other expenses.

How big of a location do I need?

There are two components to the store. The physical building should be between 1,500 to 2,500 square feet with a drive thru lane in the middle and a cooler on one side of the lane and merchandise on the other side. The outdoor area must accommodate a lane of cars lining up for the drive through.

What do I look for in choosing a location?

Brew Thru is a convenience store and thus must be in a very visible location. A major thorough fare with a steady flow of traffic in the path to and from the tourist are or college town, beach, campus and gathering places is crucial for meeting the impulse needs of our clients. We will assist you with additional information for selection and negotiating for the right location.

Why do people go to Brew Thru when convenience stores and grocery stores sell the same items?

American’s today rely on convenience…Brew Thru brings the convenience to them! Brew Thru offers the most popular items of a traditional convenience store combined with the added convenience of the drive thru, making it faster and easier to get needed items.

Will I have an exclusive territory?

Yes each franchisee is granted an exclusive territory for operating your Brew Thru. The territory is determined upon traffic flow and population and will be determined in the Franchise Agreement. Demographics of the inquired area will be pulled for site approval.

These are the requirements for Brew Thru. You see them on the Outer Banks.

Brew Thru-Original Drive-Thru Convenience Store

Note to mods: I am not endorsing or trying to sell a franchise. This are just 2 examples of store requirements. The links have only been provided to comply with copyright laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 11:01 AM

209 posts, read 326,253 times
The developer for the Wal-Mart Supercenter posted up signs today on the property on Portertown rd.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:37 PM

839 posts, read 1,041,312 times
^ Whoot! Can't wait for Wally World to get going so people will stop bit*%ing about it. It's coming..if you live near it & don't want to...move to another part of town. Not all Wal-Marts are like the one on G-ville Blvd...a lot of that has to do with A) it's location & B) it's the only one in town. The Washington Wal Mart is quite nice & doesn't carry the stigma that the Greenville one does...just cause it's a Wal-mart doesn't mean the ghetto is going to build around it & people are going to start shooting each other in that area. Though, the area won't be the same as it is...I get that...but that is progress & growth. Move to Vanceboro if you want to live in a town where growth is non existence.

Side note: We use to have a Brew-Thru back in the day here if I remember correctly.

I agree on the topic of bringing industry here as well.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 AM

paper today confirmed that Chick Fil A has broken ground across from Pitt Community College...Finelli's is opening an old-fashion cheeseburger eatery on charles where the Swiss Chalet was & also heard the Duck Thru gas station on G-ville Blvd / Arlington Blvd was being torn down to build an AT&T wireless store...don't know how true that is though.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:05 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,045,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
heard the Duck Thru gas station on G-ville Blvd / Arlington Blvd was being torn down to build an AT&T wireless store...don't know how true that is though.
Don't know about AT&T, but the Duck Thru is being torn apart. Perhaps AT&T is combining their two G'ville Blvd. stores.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 AM

Quote:
also heard the Duck Thru gas station on G-ville Blvd / Arlington Blvd was being torn down to build an AT&T wireless store...don't know how true that is though.
That sucks. I buy all of my company gas at that Shell. I went to fill up this morning and the place is closed and everybody has cleared out. First all of the Citgo's disappeared and now the Shell is gone.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:47 AM

28 posts, read 45,177 times
^ There is a Shell on 10th Street @ Cedar Lane, and the gas station across from Sonic/Ashley Furniture/Advance Auto etc used to be a Shell. Not sure if it still is.

^2 AT&T doesn't own both stores on the blvd. The one near Bolden is an agent.
Verizon has a freestanding store so makes sense AT&T would like to have one too - increases their visibility.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:08 AM

there is a Shell on 14th street / Charles...beside the Providence Apt complex...Duck Thru like the other one was.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:15 AM

28 posts, read 45,177 times
Quote:
there is a Shell on 14th street / Charles...beside the Providence Apt complex...Duck Thru like the other one was.
I forgot that one is a Shell. They just put up a larger shelter and added some more gas pumps.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:30 AM

I liked that Shell because it was on my route. At 8 MPG city I don't want to do a whole lot of driving around looking for a gas station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina